The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need your advice on mufflers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    .. why is this under 9G?
    im no help tho. i spent $435 to get high flow, full stainless, bolt on made for my car..
    (the first and only i know of to be made specifically for the 9G)

greedy evo1 exhaust here, i love it stright 2.5 piping y pipe back
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

When I go to magnaflow's site, they don't offer a muffler for 9g's... so how is it that you guys are saying you like magnaflows so much? Unless I missed something...

I'm wanting to get a nice low rumble without being obnoxious or sounding like a go kart... but I have no idea about mufflers or the difficulty putting one on.

Help? Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    When I go to magnaflow's site, they don't offer a muffler for 9g's... so how is it that you guys are saying you like magnaflows so much? Unless I missed something...

I'm wanting to get a nice low rumble without being obnoxious or sounding like a go kart... but I have no idea about mufflers or the difficulty putting one on.

Help? Suggestions?
    there is nothing but what i have thats made for the 9g. the guys talking about magnaflow are either 7 or 8g. orrrr had something custom made.

I may have missed something... but between Magnaflow, and all the others... I'm not finding a single muffler that is for a 9g. So.... ?

I'm running into the same problem with intakes.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I think you would need a Eclipse 4G catback to modify it, or many of us just use a muffler, a Magnaflow with Tip
    For Performance mods you need to use 4G eclipses parts 06-present
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 04-05-2010 at 09:08 PM

4g64T 5spd

I have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system with 2 1/4 inch piping on my 7G and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Apexi WS Muffler, great look and sound. Worth the money.

Didnt even have to cut the bumper, it was a perfect fit.
    is this the Universal Apexi WS? and whats the measurements? V6 Engine? because i can't find one for galant.
    Last edited by P'NOYcaL; 04-05-2010 at 10:04 PM

-RON

Quote Originally Posted by shi04ES View Post
    i got a megan racing one.. and it sounds pretty good acutally.. everyone likes it
    http://www.meganracing.com/products/...id=59&catid=45
    do u have a V6 engine?

-RON

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

It's just a universal muffler and then you get the custom piping made at the muffler shop.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 04-06-2010 at 11:15 AM

4g64T 5spd

Megan muffler actually sounds pretty good I've searched it on YouTube. Particularly the Megan GT.

-RON

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    I may have missed something... but between Magnaflow, and all the others... I'm not finding a single muffler that is for a 9g. So.... ?

I'm running into the same problem with intakes.
    reeeeeeeeeeeead the words that are coming out of my computer.
    there is no cat back system made for the 9g galant. i have, on my car, the ONLY axle back exhaust made for the 9g. if you want the same thing, i can set that up for you. but it doesnt come cheap.
    you can always use a universal muffler, which is what most people do for the 9g.
    the stock piping is big enough. so all you need is a muffler and high flow cat.

as for intakes. like OMEGA said. you need to search for the 06+ eclipse. my suggestion is fugita. its well made and the least expensive.

get a megan muffler there is carbon fiber looks good and its only 120+ shipping its on ebay and get it custom fit like cat back to your loco shop..its gonna be all in all 300+ its not bad at all,,

I know this is a little off topic but did you ever think of a full catback system? Here, check this out.

[QUOTE=carl3g;581489]I know this is a little off topic but did you ever think of a full catback system? Here, check this out.

for 8g they have the full cat back exhaust,,,they post it in wrong thread it should be @ 8g thats y i said get a muffler and custom made it coz there is no full exhaust for 9g yet,,sorry mah bad:icon

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by P'NOYcaL View Post
    is this the Universal Apexi WS? and whats the measurements? V6 Engine? because i can't find one for galant.
    he has an I4, im pretty sure its universal

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12