The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Windshields

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Windshields

Well a rock kicked up on me Friday on the way home from work. Didn't crack or so I thought, left my car, drove up to PA with my brother, get in my car Sunday and it cracked from the bottom left side diagonally up to dead center of the steering wheel. Safelite quoted me at $204 installed. Good price, but what I am trying to figure out is it says the windshield has a blue strip and another one says it has a green strip and a blue strip. Which is right? I only have a blueish tint at the top of the windshield.

windshield

dude the two people looking at your windshield are seeing two different colors , anyways they are combined and to give you a black tint in the light ar dark tint.

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    dude the two people looking at your windshield are seeing two different colors , anyways they are combined and to give you a black tint in the light ar dark tint.
    Not so. Windshields have blue tint, green tint, no tint, and black (or gray) tint. 99% of our cars should be the blue tint. The windshield part number should be something like this XXXXGBYN (the 'x' is substituted by the part #. The "GBYN" means its blue tint, and comes with any necessary molding and/or attachments. It may say "GBNN", "GTNN", or "GTYN", though unlikely, that just means it needs the molding or attachments added. The "GT" means teal, or green tint.

Aright thanks. And nobody looked at it yet, I went to some places online and it gave to options. Thanks for the help 2k1.

actually the two colors are combimed to make the color dark i know there is a green and a dark blue, because blue and green do make a dark color all of our windows around the car are green slightly , duh anyways i was trying to be general not so super specific you might loose someone