The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rpm's jumpy, not stable when idleing

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Rpm's jumpy, not stable when idleing

ok so now that i have my car on the road i noticed that the rpm's arent stable all the time, i know i have a crack in the headers, ive heard it could be the "IAC motor" or the "TPS" just wanted to ask your opinions before I bought any parts. When I take it out of gear and im coming to a stop sometimes it drops below a 1,000 rpms and other times it idles fine or it may jump up to just under 2,000 rpms. I dont have a great battery, but I have a proline 240 amp alternator so I know the charging system has to be fine. :smt017
    any word on where to get headers for 7g's - oem or obx? i know rpw offers them but there around $400-500 (too much)
    KYB Adjustable Shocks & Struts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    NGK Plugs & Wires
    Proline 240 amp alternator
    Short Shifter 5spd
    Excedy Organic Stage 2 Racing Clutch
    Huge SunRoof Installed
    Drag DR-8 Black/Chrome 17x7 Rims
    VR4 Headlights & Taillights

well between 800-1000 or 800-900 rpms is somewhat normal idle when parked....at what rpmm is it droppin to...now for headers u can try ur local junk yard for oem headers or put up a WTB thread stating that ur lookin for oem headers for the 7g or call a mitsu dealership and see what they can get..it u want aftermarket u will need to order ones for a 2g spyder non turbo...but ask around or search there are topics out there stating which headers are the best...

Rpmmmmmssss

its dropping to around 900-1000 rpm's and it normally idles at around 1,100 rpms, and when it boosts up and im out of gear it will goto around 1,500-1,700 rpms. When it drops to the low rpm's it seems like it could stall yet it doesn't, other than that it runs beautiful:smt078. Could this be like I said TPS, IAC, or even a dirty PCV valve? Now for the headers if i order them for a 2g spyder (eclipse) non turbo, will they fit perfectly onto the downpipe and bolt right on the engine fine, or would I have to modify stuff? :smt111
    KYB Adjustable Shocks & Struts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    NGK Plugs & Wires
    Proline 240 amp alternator
    Short Shifter 5spd
    Excedy Organic Stage 2 Racing Clutch
    Huge SunRoof Installed
    Drag DR-8 Black/Chrome 17x7 Rims
    VR4 Headlights & Taillights

If you just want a set of headers let me know i have a few laying around that I don't need anymore. As far as everything else, replace the pcv valve with a brand new oem one(it's maybe 20 bucks and you would have one less thing to worry about) then check the voltage from the tps and make sure it is within spec. After that you shouldn't have a problem anymore but if you still do then it's probably the IAC.

222whp/250wtq