The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please help... (rims)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Please help... (rims)

Some of you may remember me as the kid who kept asking about black rims. Well I finally went to buy myself a set of Motegi Touge 18x7.5 black 45 offset with machined lip, and my dads distributor doesnt have them and wont special order them for some reason. I found a few other wholesale retailers who sell them and none of them have the Touge. I dont know why but none of them can order them. Any suggestions? Is the rim discontinued? What should I do? I need these rims ASAP for an occaision and I have no idea where to get them. Please help :[

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

Experienced TGC Member
    Go to yahoo or google, and do a search for Motegi Touge wheels. I just did that and pulled up a shitload of results. Good luck!

Yeah Ive been doing that but not sure if any of these sites are better than others, also, just to make sure I'm getting the right size: 2002 Galant ES 4cyl -> 18x7.5, 45 offset, 5x114.3 bolt ?

Quote Originally Posted by hellk4t View Post
    Yeah Ive been doing that but not sure if any of these sites are better than others, also, just to make sure I'm getting the right size: 2002 Galant ES 4cyl -> 18x7.5, 45 offset, 5x114.3 bolt ?
    Yup, that's a good size. Go with 225/40/18 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    Yup, that's a good size. Go with 225/40/18 tires.
    Yeah, probably just going to get some Falken Ziex, i dont need any crazy drift-rated tires. A bunch of sites list these wheels but when you call them they say they dont have them and won't for about a month. I'm trying a bunch like tire rack, and elementwheels, a bunch other didnt have them. I'll let you know if I find them. In the meantime, does anyone know of decent alternatives? I'd prefer the 5 spoke design but mesh aren't bad either, just need to be gloss black with machined lip.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I need more info to be able to help, like year of the bicycle, model etc. You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I need more info to be able to help, like year of the bicycle, model etc. You get the idea.
    Huh? I posted my car info a few posts up if thats what you mean, 2002 Galant ES 4cyl...on OEM steelies right now 15", looking to go to 18's, preferably wheel/tire package if thats applicable.

If you are talking about wheels then 18x7.5 with +45 offset and 225/40/18 tire will be the best match.

^ weak

to answer the OP's question, try ebay. there is a great amount of wheel and tire packages on there for around 800 shipped mounted and balanced. Some of them are the style you're looking for.

Well it appears the rims I want are on a nationwide backorder. Guess I have to pick another style...Zinik Sofi's anyone?

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ShowLarge=True

Scratch the Zinik, how about these? one of my original choices a few months back.

http://www.xxrwheels.com/sportmax_006.shtml

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i like them black w/ red lip

Quote Originally Posted by 732Galant View Post
    ^ weak

Care to elaborate??

i love those xxr/sportmax wheels you got pictured, i dont care what people say about that brand, i like those wheels and ive been eyeing them for like 4 months now. i was looking in project car mag and they put those exact wheels on a 240sx and they look sick. i want them but i cant find anyone who wants to by my chrome wheels. they are in too nice of condition to just not rock them so untill i can sell them im stuck with 'em. lol
    2001 es v6

Hahaa I hear you, but yeah I really like the 006's too and not sure if I want to wait the extra month+ for the Touge, I'm torn now. Really not sure which to go with, my first love and wait a few months/pay a bit more, or the 006's for less and have them right away.

Sorry to double post - would these fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-XX...0773QQtcZphoto

everything the same except slightly smaller offest, wasnt sure if it would make a big difference. 42 vs 45

yes those will fit
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Looks like I'm gonna end up with the XXR 006's. My distributor actually has them and can package them with tires for about 1,100.

I would search for this answer but I need a fairly quick response - what would be the correct 17" size of a rim for my 2002 ES 4cyl? 17x____ what offset + what size tire?

the XXR's are sweet. I like them the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast