The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tranny slippage

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

tranny slippage

ok so for the past two months when i go to shift from first to second with the auto tranny it jerks my car and dosent shift clean...im thinking that a) it hasent had a tranny flush ever and the car has almost 76k miles on it or b) the tranny is going. This is not the only case but when it shifts sometimes it jumps rpms without me accelerating what could this be? also sometimes when i let my foot of the gas peddle and my car starts to slow down my rpms start bouncing what could this be from as well? Thank you, I've looked in Haynes Manuel and I've done a few things but still the prob exists... if it is the tranny then 5 speed is on its way, ive also checked my tranny fluid and its full 4cyl
    Last edited by 716GalantES; 06-11-2008 at 10:56 PM
    If you don't got the pocket, then don't try and rock it

well a flush will not fix it, it is preventive maintence... It prevents that from happening.... I would suggest having a transmission shop do a flush and drop the pan, change the filter and check everything out...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

be careful with trans flushes, you already have a decent amount of mileage and trans flushes can sometimes do more damage then good. a lot of times the tranny will keep itself together and then u flush it and the things keeping it from braking are gone bc of the flush and it will fail soon there after. do some more research on flushes and see what you're more comfortable with. I have had nothing but great luck with Lucas trans solution. My uncle, a mechanic for the state police, says it's the only trans stuff he has seen that works.

do not shift your car like that, from what i have read here it will cause the solenoids to fail. that could b your prob

its an auto.. yet ur shifting.. HMMM.. ur trannys going.. flush and fills wont do anything.. start looking for that 5spd that u want..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    You dont ever need a transmission flush, trust me. That's just something dealers tell you to take yoru cash.

ic.... 5 speed here i come.... hopefully i can save enough money in time to do it before it goes lol
    Last edited by 716GalantES; 06-14-2008 at 07:15 PM
    If you don't got the pocket, then don't try and rock it