The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pogigreg's 7G Turbo Project

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 61
    Regardless of whether you use the 1g or 2g ecu you'll be doing plenty of rewiring with the 94-955 7Ga. Also consider that the 7Ga has its Crank Angle Sensor in the distributor. I don't remember if the 1g's is integrated in to the CAS or not, but for a 2g setup the Crank angle sensor will have to be added.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

In the 1g ecu the CAS does have the crank angle sensor integrated into it.

If you need any information for the 7ga wiring I have pretty much all of the ecu pinouts figured out already. I was first going to convert a 7g over to awd and figured out the wiring for the 94-95 so that I could use my 1g ecu with dsmlink but have put it on halt till I have time to start another project up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    If you need any information for the 7ga wiring I have pretty much all of the ecu pinouts figured out already. I was first going to convert a 7g over to awd and figured out the wiring for the 94-95 so that I could use my 1g ecu with dsmlink but have put it on halt till I have time to start another project up again.
    So eprom do I use? At first, I don't plan on chipping it or anything. Which one will the 7G connect right up to?

You have a 7Ga, meaning neither will connect right up sadly :( .
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Your going to have to grab the connectors from the 1g dsm and wire them all directly to your harness.

****update More Pics*****

My pieces are starting to come together now. I picked up my rebuilt and upgraded Turbo from Turbochargers.com. I now have a small 16g

I had a tough time finding rings for my Evo IX oem pistons, I couldn't buy them anywhere. I finally decided to check the dealer, and they are $50.00 for one piston!!! So I was lucky enough to get the JE forged pistons
    85.5mm (.020 over), 9:1 compression, 22mm wrist pins. I got a steal for $240.00. No reason not to do it.

This started out as a simple turbo upgrade, now it is definately going to be a MONSTER!!
    Last edited by PogiGreg; 08-04-2008 at 10:26 PM

Can you explain the wiring for that setup? I have a 95 Galant that I am swapping a 1g ECU into; I have some pinouts somewhere, but any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PogiGreg View Post
    I am shooting for a Labor Day finish.
    you finished??
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    you finished??
    x2

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by StreetDreams View Post
    Can you explain the wiring for that setup? I have a 95 Galant that I am swapping a 1g ECU into; I have some pinouts somewhere, but any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    You're going to have to wait a bit. My desktop with the file took a crap on my recentlly and I have to get a new power supply for it. Once I get up back up ill send the file over to you. Just pm me your email address and Ill get back to you with it when I do.

You're going to have to wait a bit. My desktop with the file took a crap on my recentlly and I have to get a new power supply for it. Once I get up back up ill send the file over to you. Just pm me your email address and Ill get back to you with it when I do.

Thanks; that info will be helpful.
    Last edited by StreetDreams; 12-18-2011 at 09:06 AM

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Sorry to leave you hanging as i have been busy with my own project( and simply forgot about this post.)

You can go 2 ways with your wiring harness and ECU options.

A.If you have OBD1 you will have to figure out which pins are the same and what needs to be added for the 1g ECU. Most likely the will be CAS sensor, Power pack, Coil plug, and Crank Sensor. Pretty much everything else (will probably be)is already on your 7g harness. The only thing i would be concerned about would be the sequence the plugs and injectors fire.

B. using your 95 Eprom ECU (OBDII) if you went this route you will need two complete wire harneses 2g Turbo, and 96-98 7g (both OBD2). [this is what i did] You will need the pinout diagrams for both 7g and 2g. Most of the pins will be the same, but you will forst need to add the above mentioned sensors, CamAS, Crank angle Sensor, power pack for 2g transistor, and coil pack.
    Since you are using a 1g Cam AS, and a 2g ECU, you will have to use the Magnus 1g in a 2g instructions and change some pins and your spark plug wiring sequence for the car to start.

As far as wiring and soldering, there is a way around all that. get a set of the small computer flat head screwdrivers and
    you can pull the pins out of the 2g wire harness and plug them into your 7g harness. i wouldn't worry about adding the wastegate selonoid control, and add a manual boost control or something else.

Hope this helps.

Sorry I left everyone hanging, but plans have changed. Last month, I picked up a 1g Eclipse Turbo for $500. I had to get it. I decided to put my engine in the 1g. Also, the transmission gave out in my 7g three weeks ago, and it is currently getting rebuilt stronger, and a high stall torque converter. I haven't decided which way to go with the 7g. I will do either DOHC turbo or leave it SOHC and slap the 14b from the 1g on the 7G. Right now I am having fun driving the 1g. Oh, what to do.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Screw the 1g! Unless its AWD. Id take a turbo FWD 7g over a turbo FWD 1g anyday :)
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    x2
    The 7g looks better
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

1g= money pit.
    sorry bout your luck.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I don't know about you guys, but for me I love the 1g. And it is by far no money pit. I like the 7g as well. I guess I have the best of both worlds then.

I know it been a long time but i wanted to know did you get our 7g turbo at all if so could you tell me what you did.

My turbo project went way off track when I bought my 1g. As you all know I bought a 4G63 motor which I was planning to put into my 7g. I went out and bought all of the goodies for this project when the 1g fell into my lap at a price I absolutely couldn't refuse. Well here is where I am now. I used the motor I built and put it into the the 1g. Since this was a simple plug and play. That project is almost done. I am waiting on some Dejon piping to come in. Now I have the original 4g63t motor from the 1g that I pulled out. I plan on using the head to put my 7g turbo back on track and do the 4G64 turbo. I have all the parts needed. I am going to have the turbo rebuilt. I am currently doing R&D on the distributor theory on the DOHC head. I'll post pics when I get this project going again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast