The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Temperature control

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Temperature control

So, all of the sudden I go to turn the knob today for the temperature control and it's hard as hell to turn. That was when the fan was on all the way to 4. If I change the fan to any of the lower settings, the temp knob seems to move fine. WTF?! I was messing with it and now it seems to be all out of wack. I can't get the temp knob to go all of the way over to the hot side. What would the fan have to do with anything when the temp knob is just hooked up to a cable? I pulled the radio bezel off and was trying to see if anything looked off, but everything looked fine. I guess I need to drop down the controls and start messing with things deeper in the dash. Anyone else have a problem like this? I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

There is a little plastic thing that rotates when you mess with the controls down under the dash on the driver's side. It is right above where your right foot would be when you are driving. See if anything is caught up in that. Maybe wiring for a radio or something....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    you really don't have to take anything apart to get to the problem.. You can get to where that cable is connected under the driver's side dash.. I had this problem once.. A mechanic took a plastic peice off from behind the dash and connected the cable back where it was supposed to be.. He did it in literally 2 minutes.. It's an easy fix, you just need to figure out where the cable goes through under the dash.. I tried finding it like you did by taking the radio bezel off but you can't get to it from there.. Hope this helps..

Thanks, I'll check under the driver side dash.