The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just starting out, any advice would be great!

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Just starting out, any advice would be great!

This is my daily while my supra is getting built. I've added a few things, I just wanna know what you all think, and if there are any suggestions on what to do next. I'm only 18 but eager to learn, just throw ur opinions out there.
    Here are some pics

I made the grill myself, first ever fiberglass attempt.
    Feel free to critisize, I'm new to mitsus.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Any interior mods?

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

Looks like a good base. Did you have a old grille to go by, or that you molded the new grill from?

I'd probably lose the blacked out headlights, at least on the outside. You could get a set of 02-03 headlights and they'll look a lot nicer IMO. Other than that if its a daily it really depends on how far you want to go with it. But yes, the grill could be better lol...

Um, I have my zune hooked up, and I have leds coming today or tomorrow for the gauges and stereo.

I had my old grill that was beat to shit, so yeah, I'm prolly just gonna get a new OEM one and take the fins out and paint it gunmetal. As far as headlights, will the 02-03s bolt right in?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Yeah they fit directly.. Or you can just get the blacked out el cheapo ones on Ebay.. Or, you can go JDM.. But those require modding to fit.. Welcome!

No cheapo ebay crap, I'll go to a junyard and pull the 02-03s, unless someone knows any for sale @ a good price. Thanx for all the help.

I was thinking about doing the mugen lip as well, any opinions on color, I was thinking about going gunmetal to match the wheels and grill, or should I spray it beige to match the car?

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I was thinking about doing the mugen lip as well, any opinions on color, I was thinking about going gunmetal to match the wheels and grill, or should I spray it beige to match the car?
    Definitely match the car color, paint it beige. On another note, the headlights on Ebay are more than adequate, now intakes and other things I'd be a little more weary on.

good start man, car looks promising
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

whoa wait... whos building your supra?

if the answer is not yourself, well... that sucks. live and learn. do it yourself. anyhoo car looks ok man.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    So far so good, my advice is to get a mugen lip next. Under 100 bucks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03...spagenameZWDVW

Had a pair of these before I went true JDM.. They were good to me until they got smashed.. Pretty cheap too..

The supra is being built by my uncle and I, he has his own mechanics shop in the Portland area,(very fortunate) so he teaches me stuff( porting, adjusting timing, etc...) It's all easy enough on the 87 toyota, damn old cars are so much simpler to work on. Anyways, thanx for all the advice guys, probably gonna go with the mugen lip here pretty soon, or maybe get the type r and see how that one goes. Jeffylou87, I had one last question, those ebay headlights you gave the link for, were they a direct bolt in or are modifications required like on the real JDM lights.