The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Power folding mirrors

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Power folding mirrors

I hear some of you thinking; not again. Not a topic about those mirrors.... :-)

Anyway, here's the problem. I managed to wire the power folding mirrors with a friend of mine, on his car. He's now on holiday for 3 weeks, with his car, and i got my mirrors(power folding) yesterday. Now i was trying to wire them, and i managed to wire them up as far as this;

The remote controls of the mirrors itselfs works perfectly. I have now 4 cables coming out of the mirrors, for the power folding, left, on each side.
    A Green one, a Brown one, a brown one with a black stripe and a green one with a black stripe.
    When i hold the brown one with a black stripe on the + and the brown one on the -, the fold out. When i hold the brown one with a black stripe on the - and the brown one on the + they fold in. So how do i wire them up now? Where are the other 2 cables for??(green and green with black stripe)

As i said, i did this with a friend of mine, but he did most of the wiring. I sprayed the mirrors white, mounted them on the car, and so on. Anyway, i helped with the wiring too, but now i can't find out, how to wiring them...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    JDM Folding Power Mirrors:

Use the existing plug from the OEM mirrors. (The one that connects to the door…its obvious) cut all wires there but leave enough wire to splice JDM harness.
    JDM Mirror harness OEM Plug harness
    Blue White
    Yellow Green
    White Blue

The other two wires out of the JDM mirror harness are for the folding function. You must run two new wires to switch.

JDM Mirror Harness NEW WIRE JDM Switch Harness
    Green ------------ Brown
    Orange ------------ Sky Blue

JDM Mirror Switch
    Cut the wires from the OEM switch…leave enough to work with and splice as follows, starting from the OEM wires.

OEM Wires JDM Switch Harness
    N/A Green/white
    N/A Black/yellow
    Black/silver stripe Black/silver stripe
    Blue/yellow Orange/blue
    Green/black Orange/black
    Orange/blue Blue/yellow
    Orange/black Green/black
    Red/yellow Orange/yellow
    Blue Blue/silver stripe

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    What tutorial did you use dude?? It' pretty simple. You have 5 wires on each side, right?? You hook up the three to your stock wires and the remaining two, you will have to fish them thru the door boot and to your switch. At the back of the switch after you hooked up all the wiring, you should have two remaining wires, correct? One is power and one is ground. You have two grounds and two positives that will come in to the switch to fold. Connect the two -NEG together from each side an then two +POS from each side and no you have two wires, connect POS to POS and NEG to NEG on the two remaining wires on the switch. That it.

nope, i have 7 wires on each side,not 5.. So after hooking up the three to the stock wires, i have still 4 left. And there are also 4 left on the switch then.
    And do i need that relais box(think it is a relais box), or not?
    Last edited by Galant-GTI-2.0; 06-19-2008 at 03:06 AM

You are right, 7.. it's too late for me. Left side you should have 2 black, one orange and one green left. You just put the two black ones away, dont need them. Orange from mirror goes to orange on switch and green from mirror goes to green on switch. You will have the same colors on the other side. Does that help??
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 06-19-2008 at 03:16 AM

I've given you all the info I could.. I think you mean a relay, you don't need anything extra except two wires from each mirror to the switch.. Those you have to run yourself..

Thanks for the answers, but the colors of the wires coming out of my mirrors, don't match the colors on the switch... That's kind of the problem. If someone has a photo from underneath the switch, or could tell me where all the four wires of the switch exact go to, then i can wire them. (so Left above goes to, right above goes to......)

You will have 2 extra wires that you will not use, period! So get the 4 wires out your head. 2 on L mirror, 2 on R mirror and 2 behind the switch. I 've hooked up 2 sets of folding mirrors without any instructions and they work just fine. Thats why it's not good to work behind someone else because you don't know what the hell they did. Why didn't that person finish?? Why don't you wait for them to finish? I told you how, my buddy even went out of his way to show you the tutorial on how. That is the only thing we can do to help you. Figure it out from here.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    You will have 2 extra wires that you will not use, period! So get the 4 wires out your head. 2 on L mirror, 2 on R mirror and 2 behind the switch. I 've hooked up 2 sets of folding mirrors without any instructions and they work just fine. Thats why it's not good to work behind someone else because you don't know what the hell they did. Why didn't that person finish?? Why don't you wait for them to finish? I told you how, my buddy even went out of his way to show you the tutorial on how. That is the only thing we can do to help you. Figure it out from here.

Allright mate, that's clear language :-)

I have 4 wires on the mirror; A Green one, a Brown one, a brown one with a black stripe and a green one with a black stripe.
    So, i tested the wires, as said above, and;
    When i hold the brown one with a black stripe on the + and the brown one on the -, the fold out. When i hold the brown one with a black stripe on the - and the brown one on the + they fold in.

So that makes it clear that the 2 wires you mentioned NOT to use, are the green one, and the green with a black stripe one, because there doesn't happen anything if i test them.

Further, i have 4 wires left on the switch. Can't recall the colors out of my head, but there was definitely, a black one with a yellow stripe, and if i'm not mistaken a green one with a white stripe.
    So i know now wich wires to use from the mirrors, but how do i wire them?? Wich wires of the switch do i use??

And for that list here above with the colors, wish i could use it!! i have only other colors of wires!

Thanks so far!

5 wires= 3 for the mirror it self 2 for the power folding part
    7wires= 3 for the mirror it self 2 for the power folding part + 2 for the heated circuit
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Wish it was like that;-)

That the strange thing, my mirrors aren't heated. If they where heated, there should be 2 wires at the back of the glas. They aren't there. But still i've got 7 wires....

Well then you have mirrors that we've never seen before dude. Might want to wait for that guy.

Well, considering your car is a 6th gen, I don't think it would be the same wiring diagram as the one the 8G uses.. That was my mistake posting the wiring diagram for the 8G..

Mine too, I didn't even see that, smashes self over nuts with 3lb hammer.

To bad! That guy won't be back untill another 3 weeks, and he lives about 120 miles from me now. So, i don't see him that often, anymore. Can't you guys make something out of the "story" i tell??

7 wires total on the mirror.
    3 wires for changing the mirror 'view'.

- 4 left.
    - A Green one, a Brown one, a brown one with a black stripe and a green one with a black stripe.
    - When i hold the brown one with a black stripe on the + and the brown one on the -, the fold out. When i hold the brown one with a black stripe on the - and the brown one on the + they fold in

13 wires on the switch.9 used, 4 left.(probably for the folding)

Really got the feeling, it couldn't be THAT hard/difficult, but just can't get the wired right....

JDM Folding Power Mirrors:

Use the existing plug from the OEM mirrors. (The one that connects to the door…its obvious) cut all wires there but leave enough wire to splice JDM harness.
    JDM Mirror harness OEM Plug harness Window Motor
    Blue White
    Yellow Green
    White Blue

The other two wires out of the JDM mirror harness are for the folding function. You must run two new wires to switch.

JDM Mirror Harness NEW WIRE JDM Switch Harness
    Green ------------ Brown
    Orange ------------ Sky Blue

JDM Mirror Switch
    Cut the wires from the OEM switch…leave enough to work with and splice as follows, starting from the OEM wires.

OEM Wires JDM Switch Harness
    N/A Green/white
    N/A Black/yellow
    Black/silver stripe Black/silver stripe
    Blue/yellow Orange/blue
    Green/black Orange/black
    Orange/blue Blue/yellow
    Orange/black Green/black
    Red/yellow Orange/yellow
    Blue Blue/silver stripe
    Stumbled into this thread via search. Many thanks for the priceless info you have posted. I will add them to my notes for personal reference. Thanks again.
    Last edited by ValiantGalant; 01-13-2011 at 06:01 PM
    I wanna be a Billionaire... so freakin' bad...