The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do you black out headlights, couldnt find the tutorial, didn't know where to post

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

How do you black out headlights, couldnt find the tutorial, didn't know where to post

I cleared my 99 headlights, now I want to turn them into black housings, couldn't find the tutorial after search, help would be appreciated, I figure i can do it myself rather than buying a new set of blacked out lights.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

use a heat gun (some people prefer the oven method) to open up your headlights.

paint what u want to paint.

reassemble headlight.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

What do you mean by reassemble, what would I use to glue the pieces that I heated back together?

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    What do you mean by reassemble, what would I use to glue the pieces that I heated back together?
    Silicone sealant...the same thing you melted off by putting them in the oven.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Ok, thank you, just two more questions, bear with me, where can you buy said sealant, and which part of the housing are safe to paint without affecting the strength of the light too much. I'm going for the 2002-2003 light look, just without having to buy a new set of lights.

as long as you don't paint the lens, the bulb itself and the reflector you should be fine.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

thanks for all the help guys, I will post pictures when I'm done, maybe even make a tutorial myself.

dont know if a tutorial would be necessary. its bascially the same process as clearing your headlights, just you decide what you want to paint on the bezel.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project