The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wiring radio

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktown_1843 View Post
    If you go from a stock head to an aftermarket head, you can go down to best buy and get an adapter and still use your stock amp. On the back of the stock head there will be a five or six prong cable, the new adapter plugs into that and has 4 RCAs(FR,FL,RR,RL) and an amp turnon wire. Plug those RCAs into your new deck and connect the amp turnon wires. The adapter set also has a new wire harness. plug it in onto the existing one. off of that all you need to connect is the Power, ACC, and another one i cnt remember. the groud out the deck and your done. The RCAs run though the amp to the speakers so youll still be using the amp
    Do you know which RCA goes to what on the new after market unit? I have Green, Violet, White, and Grey,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Company View Post
    Do you know which RCA goes to what on the new after market unit? I have Green, Violet, White, and Grey,
    White: Front Left
    Gray: Front Right
    Green: Rear Left
    Violet: Rear Right

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    White: Front Left
    Gray: Front Right
    Green: Rear Left
    Violet: Rear Right
    Yup, thanks got it,

now i got bigger problem. look at this picture. I know the top is the Antenna, and the bottom is for Remote in right? i am installing Sony Xplod CDX-GT550UI. Do i need some sort of adapter?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT55...550UI&skipvs=T

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

The smaller one you won't need, It's supposed to be for increased am signal. (I think), Anyway when I did my 3G with infinity left it out and never had a problem, AM reception was good not that I listen to it anyway.

The smaller one you won't need, It's supposed to be for increased am signal. (I think), Anyway when I did my 3G with infinity left it out and never had a problem, AM reception was good not that I listen to it anyway.
    Oh, i thought smaller one on the top was the Antenna, and the bottom of the remote in?

so, what about remote in ?

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Remote in is for steering wheel controls

BTW that deck you got is pretty sleek, only thing is that the output voltage is only 2V, It is recommended a minimum of 4V when you use the factory amp so there is no engine noise and so you get optimum performance from the amp, but it's just a recommendation doesn't mean it applys to everyone. But if the volume happens to be low at high levels that would be why. Make sure your blue/whit line wire from the sony is connected to turn the amp on so you can have sound.

Remote in is for steering wheel controls
    oh ok, i am set than. Thanks dude.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

BTW that deck you got is pretty sleek, only thing is that the output voltage is only 2V, It is recommended a minimum of 4V when you use the factory amp so there is no engine noise and so you get optimum performance from the amp, but it's just a recommendation doesn't mean it applys to everyone. But if the volume happens to be low at high levels that would be why. Make sure your blue/whit line wire from the sony is connected to turn the amp on so you can have sound.
    Ok thanks. I am hook it up tomorrow and let you know how the sounds is. below is the harness i got. I did hook up the blue/white from AMP Adapter to sony adapter.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...707003&tp=2977

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Yep from the sony harness to the harness with rca's I dont think the other blue needs connecting. PM me if anything bro. I will be on standby from my phone

Aight, its sounds great. I was not able to the bazel around the HU to go on, cause galant outer shell is little smaller than Sony's

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Company View Post
    Aight, its sounds great. I was not able to the bazel around the HU to go on, cause galant outer shell is little smaller than Sony's
    Huh? The sony is actually smaller by maybe a 1/4" all around. Did you use the factory ISO mounts or did you use the metal cage that came with the radio?

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    Huh? The sony is actually smaller by maybe a 1/4" all around. Did you use the factory ISO mounts or did you use the metal cage that came with the radio?
    I used the factory mount. let me upload some pics.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Ok this picture shows the opening.

and this pictures shows how the sony bazel is bigger than the opening.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

my alpine was the same way. i just shaved it down until it fit.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    I did the same, just shave it till it fits.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Sweet.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    all it is, is the trim piece can't get a grip on the radio itself. sometimes you have to trim it, sometimes you can adjust where the screws go in so the radio protrudes out more, or just don't use the trim piece at all. I don't use the trim on mine and just put soft sided velcro around part of the radio and you can't really notice much.

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    all it is, is the trim piece can't get a grip on the radio itself. sometimes you have to trim it, sometimes you can adjust where the screws go in so the radio protrudes out more, or just don't use the trim piece at all. I don't use the trim on mine and just put soft sided velcro around part of the radio and you can't really notice much.
    Yeah i tried moving the new HU forward by moving the stock brackets toward the back. If i do that i can only get 1 screw to line up for the bracket.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast