The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wiring radio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 46 of 46
    ^^^^ Remember the Sony Bezel aka "Trim Ring", is not intended for ISO mounting which is the way the stock radio is mounted, with screws. The trim is intended for installation with the sleeve or "cage". However you can trim it to fit, just know this has now turned into a "custom" job so don't kick yourself if it doesn't go on the way you like it, heck sometimes it turns out only 3 of the edges clip in... it just happens.
    Get it to fit so you are content but don't mess with it too much or the tabs will break and the only thing you can do after that.... is cry. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ^^^^ Remember the Sony Bezel aka "Trim Ring", is not intended for ISO mounting which is the way the stock radio is mounted, with screws. The trim is intended for installation with the sleeve or "cage". However you can trim it to fit, just know this has now turned into a "custom" job so don't kick yourself if it doesn't go on the way you like it, heck sometimes it turns out only 3 of the edges clip in... it just happens.
    Get it to fit so you are content but don't mess with it too much or the tabs will break and the only thing you can do after that.... is cry. LOL.
    I don't care about the trim piece. I just wanted the radio to be more secure, right now since it has gaps. I am take the advice from fliegendaffe and just put in velcro around it.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Company View Post
    I don't care about the trim piece. I just wanted the radio to be more secure, right now since it has gaps. I am take the advice from fliegendaffe and just put in velcro around it.
    If it is ISO mounted with the factory brackets and you replace the screw/bolt at the rear holding the bracket to the dash bar, then it will be very secure.

Sent from my DROIDX

^^^ Yea, and use one of those security screws that are star with center dot

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ^^^ Yea, and use one of those security screws that are star with center dot
    ^^^tamper proof torx

Sent from my DROIDX

yea that...LOL. By the time the thief figures out what screws they are my 4ft Blue point prybar will be 2/3's of the way up his ass!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123