The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Misfire problem

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Misfire problem

OK last week i noticed my car was misfiring so i went to autozone to get the code scanned. The guy told me it was a misfire in cyl #4, so i got 4 new NGK platinum G spark plugs and replaced it with the old ones. O by the way my car is a 4 cyl. Well after replacing them i went out for a drive and noticed that it was still misfiring. Im positive i made sure the gap's on the plugs were nearly perfect. So after that i thought maybe it might be my coils. So i took both of them out and swapped it. Like i put the coil that was on cyl #1 to #3 and the one on #3 to #1. I went back to autozone the next day to get my code read and the guy told me that its still saying cyl #4 was misfiring. So now that i now its not the coilpacks , i bought new wires/boots and changed those out. Well long story short my car is still misfiring from the same cyl. What am i suppose to do now? Can it be a injector/fuel problem? I really dont want to bring it to a mechanic cuz i like to do everything on the car myself.

when u swaped the wires did you reset the ecu/clear the code?
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

No I didnt i went to autozone and they said they cant reset the code anymore or some bs like that. Plus the guy told me the code gets reset after a certain time when the problem goes away.

keep the coils switched and rest the light... goto a different autozone
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by tci837 View Post
    No I didnt i went to autozone and they said they cant reset the code anymore or some bs like that. Plus the guy told me the code gets reset after a certain time when the problem goes away.
    just remove the negative terminal from the battery for a little bit and the light should reset itself.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

From what I've seen a random cylinder misfire should be a 'soft' code and one repaired should go off, but in many cases it may need to be cleared. Check the #4 injector if you have a multimeter. If the resistance is above or below 13 - 16 ohms its no good, and needs a new injector. If its ok, than there are a few more steps to diagnostics.