The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: more problems with heat!!!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    2003gtz

more problems with heat!!!

Ok I know its summer and not having heat will not effect me a ton but its bugging me now. My mechanic tried to tell me that i needed a new heater core without even looking at it but i have no puddle in the passenger floor. so I tried replacing the thermostat and that had no effect whatsoever. the strange thing is that the other day when i was driving I heard a vibration from my dash when you turn it from cold to hot and the heat started working. After i put it back to the AC and then tried the heat it was not working(I heard the noise again going from cold to hot). does anyone have any suggestions?

heater shut off valve??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Isnt it the motor thats in the center of the dash that controls the door that allows the hot or cold air to flow?

2003gtz
    ok I checked the valve by the gas pedal and that works fine with the control(thats the heater shut off valve right?) and i still have no heat. Sorry for the newb post but if there are any other suggestions that would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn55 View Post
    Isnt it the motor thats in the center of the dash that controls the door that allows the hot or cold air to flow?
    I think that's your answer right there, check the motor that opens and closes the door.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

how would you check that? by removngthe dash? Ever since got my g never had heat... i mean i livein miami but the 2 ays a year its cold i would like heat :-).... the ealer i bought it from tod me it needed a relay which was behnd the dash and the dash had t be removed.. so i ws like fuck it i live in miami anyways... but some days you need that heat to defog your windws in the morning... so where is that vale again?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

2003gtz
    can you tell me where to find the heater shut off valve?

Go to page 3 of this forum and read my thread titled "weird noise when changing from heat to a/c and reverse". Make sure to click the link from IKORTY, it should answer all your questions, and tell you what the rattle is.
    Last edited by boochieboy; 06-23-2008 at 09:36 PM