The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help major installs

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

help major installs

alright so i decided to spend about 2500 on my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    i need help finding some good tutorials and help with what all i need to buy and what not

i purchases a pioneer double din screen and i need help on cutting out the middle bar and lowering the ac controls
    i bought some all purpose bondo idk if thats what i needed but i bought it anyway

i also purchased new carpet with back massing how easy is that to install

also how easy is it to install cold air intake

and i also i need help installing an alarm system its an alarm with door unlock and lock how do i wire that shit

i also orderd some new seat covers...a back up camera...white gauge faces...and building a custom box for 2 JL w3s

can anyone help me or direct me to some really good tutorials

i also purchased some Katana wheels zr5 19 x 8 black offset FWD rims

help!
    Last edited by brgalantman; 06-22-2008 at 05:56 PM

wow that sounds like alot of stuff you dont know how to install...where r u located?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

im in baton rouge louisiana
    its not that i jsut need a tutorial

00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by brgalantman View Post
    alright so i decided to spend about 2500 on my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    i need help finding some good tutorials and help with what all i need to buy and what not

i purchases a pioneer double din screen and i need help on cutting out the middle bar and lowering the ac controls
    i bought some all purpose bondo idk if thats what i needed but i bought it anyway

i also purchased new carpet with back massing how easy is that to install

*************also how easy is it to install cold air intake**************

and i also i need help installing an alarm system its an alarm with door unlock and lock how do i wire that shit

i also orderd some new seat covers...a back up camera...white gauge faces...and building a custom box for 2 JL w3s

can anyone help me or direct me to some really good tutorials

i also purchased some Katana wheels zr5 19 x 8 black offset FWD rims

help!

the tuts will really help but all honest if ur not sure how to install a CAI u might want to rethink your purchases and look to the professional cuz you dont wana fry ur electrical system note to self disable the battery when messin with the wires and what not good luck show us PIIICCCTTUUUURRREEEESSSS

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brgalantman View Post
    i bought some all purpose bondo idk if thats what i needed but i bought it anyway ***be patient and take your time***

i also purchased new carpet with back massing how easy is that to install ***shouldn't be too hard, just patience when removing your interior***

also how easy is it to install cold air intake ***easy***

and i also i need help installing an alarm system its an alarm with door unlock and lock how do i wire that shit ***this will take a lot of patience, time to test wires, and run them and connect them properly. make sure you use your dmm and solder the wires.***

i also orderd some new seat covers ***not to hard***...a back up camera ***easy***...white gauge faces ***easy***...and building a custom box for 2 JL w3s
    my thoughts

Tucked away wire taps worked better for me on the alarm install. As far as the system being installed, there's some awesome places in this car to run wires if you'll take your time. That is pretty much the key to everything, patience.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lavie2k9 View Post
    Tucked away wire taps worked better for me on the alarm install. As far as the system being installed, there's some awesome places in this car to run wires if you'll take your time. That is pretty much the key to everything, patience.
    yup, tap into the wire, solder, tape, tuck away

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    yup, tap into the wire, solder, tape, tuck away
    I was just saying that because I didn't have to solder anything at all. It was nice. I have a terrible problem with soldering. It just never works for me. It is kinda depressing, especially because I like doing stuff like this... :(

man i have the same probblem, but i can get it to work eventualy it just takes forever for me to get the hang of it.

try 60/40 solder

well yeah im doing a really clean install
    is the all purpose bondo the right material to use?

Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    Nope, I didn't know what that was. I guess I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    try 60/40 solder
    I guess I will try and change. What is the difference?

I think the soldering kit I got was just crappy. It was fifteen bucks at radioshack...

Quote Originally Posted by lavie2k9 View Post
    I think the soldering kit I got was just crappy. It was fifteen bucks at radioshack...
    i've used the iron on that kit for year without any problems. only reason i upgraded was that the iron finally decided to die after like 10 years of use. the solder that comes with it is good enough too.

i think the biggest mistake people do when soldering is using the iron to melt the solder. the pieces you are soldering should be hot enough to melt the solder.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

The company I work for does electronics for the military and D.O.D. We do VERY high end harnesses, computer systems, unmanned vehicles, weapons etc. I solder every single day of my life, and have been for about 3 years now. The solder we use is made by Metallic Resources Inc. It is 63/37 which is 63%tin and 37% lead and it works awesome. The flux is made by Raychem. and is water soluble but we use alcohol to clean the area after we solder. I don't know if you can buy these really, especially the solder because of the high lead content, but if you want the best connections possible it's worth looking into quality solder and flux. Also, just a side note, remember there are different types of solder and flux,,,,,make sure you get electrical solder and flux (not paste flux) or it will not flow and stick right. Hope this helps anyone wanting to do some soldering,, sorry for the long post.

Quote Originally Posted by boochieboy View Post
    The company I work for does electronics for the military and D.O.D. We do VERY high end harnesses, computer systems, unmanned vehicles, weapons etc. I solder every single day of my life, and have been for about 3 years now. The solder we use is made by Metallic Resources Inc. It is 63/37 which is 63%tin and 37% lead and it works awesome. The flux is made by Raychem. and is water soluble but we use alcohol to clean the area after we solder. I don't know if you can buy these really, especially the solder because of the high lead content, but if you want the best connections possible it's worth looking into quality solder and flux. Also, just a side note, remember there are different types of solder and flux,,,,,make sure you get electrical solder and flux (not paste flux) or it will not flow and stick right. Hope this helps anyone wanting to do some soldering,, sorry for the long post.
    Don't apologize for a post that is worth reading. I will look into trying different types of solder. I had no clue what I was doing, and I was making that one mistake of melting the solder before touching the metal. I had no instructions on how to do it, and the internet was kinda vague as to how it all works.

Thanks for your help guys.

Thread stolen. hah :smt071

If you or anyone else has any questions regarding soldering, don't hesitate to ask,,,,trust me I know.