The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AirRunner Pics!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 62
    very nice. what is that on your rear bumper on the passenger side? also the front doesn't go lower? i would think it would touch the front bumper to the ground; i'm only like .5" higher than that on coilovers.
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-24-2008 at 05:36 AM

i think you should leave it how it is if you drop the offset anymore i dont think it would tuck especially on a 8.5 never saw a 19x8.5 tuck. at least now i know it can be done lol. looks killa hot

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    very nice. what is that on your rear bumper on the passenger side? also the front doesn't go lower? i would think it would touch the front bumper to the ground; i'm only like .5" higher than that on coilovers.
    That plate on my rear bumper is for my safety check. We need to have that here in hawaii. As for the front, i don't know why it doesn't tuck like the back. The shop that installed my stuff talked about modifying the front strut to drop lower. We are still working on it. I guess from the pics, the front looks a little higher than it actually is. I can't even stick a finger in the front, so its still good enough for me. A little lower would be nice, but for now it will do. Im actually considering a 19x8.5 front and a 19x9.5 rear in the future. But yeah, thanks for all the opinions guys. I bet you'd be surprised to know that the ride on AirRunner is very comfortable....thats one of the main reasons i went with it. The kit is actually for an Eclipse. Another cool thing is that the serial number on the strut is 0001....which means i am the first in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgalant View Post
    That plate on my rear bumper is for my safety check. We need to have that here in hawaii. As for the front, i don't know why it doesn't tuck like the back. The shop that installed my stuff talked about modifying the front strut to drop lower. We are still working on it. I guess from the pics, the front looks a little higher than it actually is. I can't even stick a finger in the front, so its still good enough for me. A little lower would be nice, but for now it will do. Im actually considering a 19x8.5 front and a 19x9.5 rear in the future. But yeah, thanks for all the opinions guys. I bet you'd be surprised to know that the ride on AirRunner is very comfortable....thats one of the main reasons i went with it. The kit is actually for an Eclipse. Another cool thing is that the serial number on the strut is 0001....which means i am the first in the US.
    air runner is a really nice setup. they are probably much smoother (softer) than my SS-P... i kinda miss that plushness. what height do you drive at? full up? also does air runner fill slow like OE benz/lexus air ride load adjust or is it quick like conventional aftermarket air? also if anything, cut out your rear fender lip and add spacers in the rear... or order 19x9.5 wheels in the rear so your only buying 2 wheels, not a full set... or since you have multi piece wheels, see if you can just buy the hoops for 19x9.5 from WORK and use your current rear centers.

here's what i was talking about the fronts being about the same drop:

our wheels are just about the same size but i have bigger tires... 19x8.5 +48mm 235/35zr19... i think if your shop can get it lower in the front and it would be sweet!
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-24-2008 at 07:38 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    air runner is a really nice setup. they are probably much smoother (softer) than my SS-P... i kinda miss that plushness. what height do you drive at? full up? also does air runner fill slow like OE benz/lexus air ride load adjust or is it quick like conventional aftermarket air? also if anything, cut out your rear fender lip and add spacers in the rear... or order 19x9.5 wheels in the rear so your only buying 2 wheels, not a full set... or since you have multi piece wheels, see if you can just buy the hoops for 19x9.5 from WORK and use your current rear centers.

here's what i was talking about the fronts being about the same drop:

our wheels are just about the same size but i have bigger tires... 19x8.5 +48mm 235/35zr19... i think if your shop can get it lower in the front and it would be sweet!
    I drive pretty high actually...maybe about 2 finger gap in front and back. Hmm...i guess it's like aftermarket air. The car raises and slams maybe like in 2-3 seconds. Mine came with a 5 gallon tank. On my digital gauge, it also shows my PSI in the tank and the PSI in all 4 bags. At full, it's 178 PSI. When it drops to around 135, the compressor turns on. Yeah, i may just order some 9.5's in the rear later. Don't really want to do the spacer thing. But overall, AirRunner is SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgalant View Post
    I drive pretty high actually...maybe about 2 finger gap in front and back. Hmm...i guess it's like aftermarket air. The car raises and slams maybe like in 2-3 seconds. Mine came with a 5 gallon tank. On my digital gauge, it also shows my PSI in the tank and the PSI in all 4 bags. At full, it's 178 PSI. When it drops to around 135, the compressor turns on. Yeah, i may just order some 9.5's in the rear later. Don't really want to do the spacer thing. But overall, AirRunner is SWEET!
    i always wanted air but i wanted to still have handling and a decently smooth ride... i think the air runner system is a great compromise (since it uses AGX dampers)... i love the stance my car is at now but i really miss being able to drive up all driveways (i can only make it up about 50%) and not having to worry about scraping my front bumper and side skirts all the time.
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-24-2008 at 08:53 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    can you set how low it sits when the car is off or will it just drop all the way down?

Sick bro sick! Looks real good...the back looks like it slams like the easy street airbags...but the front not quite as low..
    Could you drive with the back all the way lowered?

Easystreet front Slammed just for reference

Did the eclipse kit bolt right up or did you have to modify the strut mounts?

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I have nothing bad to say about it. It's clean, there are no stickers on it, the kit was professionally installed, wheels look good, tint is perfect, just a great all around car. Good job on it bro, considering how many rice cars pop out in these forums, yours is clean. 10 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    can you set how low it sits when the car is off or will it just drop all the way down?

You can set it that way with your alarm but most air bag system can be controlled. The one I had on my Expedition, I could leave it all the way up and turn it off. Air will stay in the bag until you release it.

Quote Originally Posted by rollingwithdubz View Post
    Did the eclipse kit bolt right up or did you have to modify the strut mounts?
    The kit bolts right up, no modifications.

That system is pricey as hell. For 3900 I put my kit together when I had my Expedition and got:

2-5gal air tanks
    2-Viar 480 compressors
    2-50' 1/2" Air lines
    2-water oil separators
    4-valve dump controls
    4 check valves
    1 square D
    4 valves
    3 gauges
    1 Switch box
    4 slam specialties bags

and a bunch of other little things. If you know what to shop for like putting a Turbo together, you can probably make your own air runner for less then 1000 bucks.

My end result

hmm so the easystreet kit tucks, i was about to get coilovers this week but idk now because i want to at least tuck the front of the tire
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    hmm so the easystreet kit tucks, i was about to get coilovers this week but idk now because i want to at least tuck the front of the tire
    i am basically tucking tire... and i have about .5"-1" more available drop on my TEIN SS-P. none of my pictures have been at the lowest setting... it actually was lower before my kit.

the car looks awsome but for daily driving i woudn't do it, here in NY there is too many potholes and bumps

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167 View Post
    the car looks awsome but for daily driving i woudn't do it, here in NY there is too many potholes and bumps
    wouldn't do what? bags or big rims? this thread is about the bags.

If your going performance at all definitely get the TEIN SS-P...sounds like they have one hell of a drop - If your going more show.. Air would be better..

But back to the thread at had...the car looks damn good!

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    sweet congrads n wanna see pics when raised
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167 View Post

Bags are ok for daily car. I had them on my Expi and I drove it everyday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast