The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: po300 wires coils plugs done..no go

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

po300 wires coils plugs done..no go

wus up guys got some problems that i would appreciate some help with i have a 4 cyl 01 8g 107k miles po300 misfire code i have replaced sparkplugs wires and coils cleaned throttle body and maf sensor.ive had a fuel injection cleaning about 8k miles ago.i have checked for the basic vacuum leaks air intake,two tube on top of TB,intake manifold.what else can i check?

well this is what is happening

car fires up perfect never gives me a prolem starting but dies no bogging studdering jus dies but when the car is not warm(sitting for hours) it it doesnt die but if i let it sit for a second running turn it off and turn it right back on it goes back to dieng everytime.

also after a while of driving the car will shut off while in motion ive been up to 50 and it jus cuts off instantly no stutter or bogging

after it cut off on me i noticed that the fuel line/hose coming out the fuel rail was damp theres a manueverable rubber piece over the black hose it was damp inbetween i cut the loose piece to see if the black hose was toren but nothing was there no damamge or nothing and was dry after like a hour.havent seen it wet since.

i also notice sometimes(maybe 1 out of 10 times) when i start the car and rev up to about 3 to 4 rpms and hold it till evrrything is set in the car(locks,radio,lights on dash clearrd)and i let the gas go and it idles fines.

im clueless to what it could be wut does this seem to be?
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

i get that code all the time and nothing is wrong with the car you can get it from abnormal vibrations, check your motor mounts
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member
    what do you mean, till the lights etc cleared? Have you tried replacing the battery
    mine died on me when i was going like forty once. I had all the symptoms of a alternator but it was the battery, try that.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

its not the battery car starts just fine

my motors mounts are good also the car doesnt vibrate
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

Check the fuel pump and sending unit.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Check the fuel pump and sending unit.
    ill check out the fuel pump asap but where is the sending unit and how would i go about checking that?
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

The sending unit is part of the fuel pump assembly. And you'd test it along with the fuel pump by simply turning the key to the 'on' position and listening for the fuel pump to be priming. If you don't here it either the fuel pump is dead or failing, or the sending unit is defective.

You'd also do good to check the fuel pressure.

check idle air control sensor

I've been getting the same code lately. Twice in the pouring rain and once when I washed down my engine. All three times the engine ran like crap for a while until it dried out. So, for me something is getting wet and causing havoc. Anyway, I've been doing some reading on the Eclipse boards about people with the same code and there are so many things it could be. The obvious would be spark plugs, wires and the coil pack or cap and rotor. The other things that people have found to be causing the code are the following:

oxygen sensors
    fuel injectors
    catalytic converter
    EGR valve
    camshaft position sensor
    leaking manifold

Basically, anything that can go bad and give the ECU wrong information that causes too much fuel or not enough fuel will throw that code. I would say that since your car isn't stumbling or running like crap, you probably aren't getting enough fuel.

well guys guess wut ???i actually fixed the po300 code when i changed sparks and wires but it did everything the same got it rescaned and it ended up being another code i cant remember wut the code number was but it was the cam position sensor aint that some shit.100 for tow(barely 10 miles) truck 100 for the guy to change it which wasnt shit its easier to change a intake and 50 for the sensor i jus wasted 200 dollars im pissed
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

Quote Originally Posted by g-ridda View Post
    well guys guess wut ???i actually fixed the po300 code when i changed sparks and wires but it did everything the same got it rescaned and it ended up being another code i cant remember wut the code number was but it was the cam position sensor aint that some shit.100 for tow(barely 10 miles) truck 100 for the guy to change it which wasnt shit its easier to change a intake and 50 for the sensor i jus wasted 200 dollars im pissed
    Damn. It's amazing isn't it? Just recently when my starter went, I had to pay $75 to get it towed like 3 blocks and I could have changed it myself if I had a place to work on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    Damn. It's amazing isn't it? Just recently when my starter went, I had to pay $75 to get it towed like 3 blocks and I could have changed it myself if I had a place to work on my car.

yea its ridiculous im gonna have to invest in a diagnostic comp. asap i feel used as hell.200 dollars for nothin man if i wasnt so hard i would cry lol
    PIMPIN AINT EASY