The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem with AGX and Pro kit

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Problem with AGX and Pro kit............ UPDATED

OK, I just installed the AGX and the pro kit. Everything went fine, no problems during the installation, but when I took it for a drive the entire body was vibrating. It happens from 1000 to about 2500 rpms, and after that it does it a little less to the point that it doesnt bother me. My guesses are that there is some wrong with the axles, or bad motor mounts.

Has anyone experienced such a thing when lowered?

Help me out its very annoing!
    Last edited by mko; 07-12-2008 at 02:47 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

my 8g v6 does that from 20-25, its because th axle changed the angle... and it binds up... not sure on the 7g but i know its normal on the 8g v6
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    my 8g v6 does that from 20-25, its because th axle changed the angle... and it binds up... not sure on the 7g but i know its normal on the 8g v6
    Does it rub on something?

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I wouldnt think that the axles would be a problem. I had my car lowered 2" inches for 4 years with no such problem. Not sure what to tell you but to re-check all your nuts and bolts. What setting do you have the AGXs set at.
    7g for life!

no... its the angle... it causing a wobble and wears out the axle a little faster.... I am considering haveing one made a hair shorter when mine goes out...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    I wouldnt think that the axles would be a problem. I had my car lowered 2" inches for 4 years with no such problem. Not sure what to tell you but to re-check all your nuts and bolts. What setting do you have the AGXs set at.

Its on 1. And it didnt do it with the GR2 and stock springs

I bought some cheap ebay 2g eclipse springs whe I first bought the car and I put them on my stock shocks, and it did the same thing, so I put back the stock springs on the next day and it was gone
    Last edited by mko; 06-25-2008 at 09:05 PM

Build Thread

Ok, I took it to the highway, it almost doent do it on right turn and does it alot on left turn

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    no... its the angle... it causing a wobble and wears out the axle a little faster.... I am considering haveing one made a hair shorter when mine goes out...
    dude you need to be quiet on thigs you don't know anything about. IT'S NOT THE AXLE!

chris did you make sure the springs seated good? did you use the old mounts?

you have taken a ride in mine, you know it's not supposed to shake. make sure the front forks are tightened all the way.

so i'm guessing that it feels like it's coming from the front

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i've never had these symptons. with any of my spring / shock or coilover setups.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    lol it's not the axle, i had my car lowered 3.5" at one point for almost a year and despite the extreme angles at the cv joints, it never wobbled.

did you keep the spring isolators? (the rubber ring between the top of the spring and the bottom of the strut plate)
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

make sure the nut at the very top of your suspension is torqued to spec
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    lol it's not the axle, i had my car lowered 3.5" at one point for almost a year and despite the extreme angles at the cv joints, it never wobbled.

did you keep the spring isolators? (the rubber ring between the top of the spring and the bottom of the strut plate)
    yes, new prothane mounts and the rubber ring is there.

First thing in the morning, I took to get it allinged. The guy drove it and said it might be an bad cv joint. IDK. Now I need camber kit for the front

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    for camber kits i'd recommend the ingalls or spc balljoint one, my a-arm camber kit from ebay crapped out on me after a year, started knocking around
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I also bought the AGX's. Im plan to install it tomorrow using Teins S-Tech springs.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

ok fellas, its all fixed and the G is running smoothly.

It was the axle, but it wasnt the angle,,,,,,,,here some pix.....

a huge crack is the boot causing a leakage of grease, but i guess it has been like this before i bought the car, cuz I ve never noticed any grease spots under or around the engine bay

Lost a little tranny fluid, but no big deal.......

Build Thread

imange that, it was the axle...
    Mods: