The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I want to install a 10" solo x (2500watts)

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

I want to install a 10" solo x (2500watts)

I have an 02 galant 2.4l.Ok, I already ordered 1/0 gauge wiring, getting a Hyfonics BXi 2608D (2600w rms). I have a yellow top battery and plan on getting 1 more, but i think i will still have to get at least a 200amp ho alternator, does any1 know where to get 1 that big that will fit.
    Last edited by thebeast; 10-06-2008 at 08:55 PM

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevs56 View Post
    ALTERNATORS HI-AMP (for stereos): i only really know of 3, ohiogen.com, i believe u can order one for a dodge stratus (01-05) from powermaster or there is a guy who specially makes them i can recommend that i found on this website named Dominick Iraggi. word of pre-caution, hi-amp alternators for our cars are super expensive, they run from 400-800 bucks from what ive seen. what u can also do is take your stock alternator to an electrical shop an have them respin it. thats the most cost effective. our stock alternators spin at 90 AMPS. i was quoted $250 to respin my alternator at 140 AMPS an they will attach a smaller pulley so it spins faster at idle. the 170 amp alternator on the bottom of the pic youll see in the powermaster website i believe is the one that is an exact match to our car. although its for an 01-05 Stratus, the stratus had the 4g64 engine in those model yrs. its a lot of money though. the part numbers on the right of the pic u can take to autozone where they have powermaster parts and theyll give u a price on each one of those numbers. theres 3 part numbers, each one just corresponds to different casing finishes w/ chrome being the most expensive.

http://www.ohiogen.com/index.html
    http://www.powermastermotorsports.co..._high_amp.html

Irragi alternators
    n/a
    LaVergne TN
    Phone: 615-287-7991
    Email: [email protected]
    Contact Name: Dominick Iraggi
    there is already a topic about high output alternators...plz search

and you wont need a second battery. just get a high output plus a cap.