The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: the GS v.s 1996 Models

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

the GS v.s 1996 Models

i wanted to really know gs dohc trannys (5 speed & auto's) built just like the sohc of 1996

..........what?

the transmission in the 1994 GS vs like any other 7g's built the same way

i think they are the same, however in my experiences the 94 (auto) trannies hold up alot stronger than the others

Proto
    GS trans is the same as the others. Mine is sitting in my garage with a blown 4th gear syncro.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    GS trans is the same as the others. Mine is sitting in my garage with a blown 4th gear syncro.
    oooo ok because i was thinking because the gs have little more hp than other 7gs so it will be better 2 have

20 hp isn't gonna justify a stronger trans. and all the trannys are the same

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

they have the exact same trans, HOWEVER.....

the 5 speed on the GS has a the addition of a hydraulic dampening resevoir inline between the slave cylinder and the factory flex line.... mounted on the transmission.

Any of the other 7g's won't have this, as its just a line from the flex to the slave.

Also, having nothing to do with the transmission.... the GS clutch pedal assembly is different than all the other factory 5 speed galant pedal assemblies; in that it has helper springs built into it to aid in pedal return and to dampen the otherwise heavy pedal pressure.... for driver comfort really.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    they have the exact same trans, HOWEVER.....

the 5 speed on the GS has a the addition of a hydraulic dampening resevoir inline between the slave cylinder and the factory flex line.... mounted on the transmission.

Any of the other 7g's won't have this, as its just a line from the flex to the slave.

Also, having nothing to do with the transmission.... the GS clutch pedal assembly is different than all the other factory 5 speed galant pedal assemblies; in that it has helper springs built into it to aid in pedal return and to dampen the otherwise heavy pedal pressure.... for driver comfort really.
    ooo ok well thats kinda cool than

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    thye r not the exact same only a small differance in te auto our 7 gs have an F4A23 tranny and the GS has a F4A33 tranny which should b a bit stronger because it was used on many of the v6 mitsubishis
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service