The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stupid question/observation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Stupid question/observation

So, I was just wondering why there is only one bracket to support the throttle cable on the top of the valve cover (the one closest to the oil filler cap...I4) when there is clearly a spot for another to go. Why 2 when only one is used? I'm making 2 new polished aluminum brackets tomorrow to hold the throttle cable nicely...just an inquisitive observation.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Pics?

Only pic I have as of now is my display pic on my profile...look at that picture....right by the oil cap is a bracket holding the cable,,,,,now, directly to the right of it on the valve cover is another spot for I guess, another bracket to screw into-but no bracket. At first I thought I was just missing one, or someone ate it or something, but after seeing pics of other people's engine bays "most" of them don't have a second one either. I'll try to rermember to get pics tomorrow when I make the 2 new brackets.

I have 2.

Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

same, i have 2

I also have tow.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I have a 4g64

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I also have tow.
    WHat are you towing...

damn, i look it up, i just has one..........
    where can i get the another one?

exactly.....same as mine....why? If they only came with one, I guess you'll have to go the route I'm going and just make them yourself.
    Last edited by boochieboy; 09-01-2008 at 11:17 AM

Mine also has only one like your picture, but there's a plastic clip that attaches to the bolt that holds the battery. I was missing mine as well, and bought one from Mitsubishi for about $3. I've circled your picture where it should go. I believe the part number was MR519173.
    Last edited by tamim13; 12-22-2008 at 01:31 PM

I do have that clip on mine,,,just wondering about the valve cover location. It seems stupid to have a mount for a non-existent bracket.

I've noticed that sometimes if you try to hold the throttle cable a little too hard, I get a vibration on my accelerator pedal. So if you're going to install the new brackets, just check that when you drive. I had that and had to do some adjustments to get it right.

Why don't you contact mitsubishi and ask them and find out the answer for us. I doubt they have forgotten it so there must be a logical reason to why some have it and some don't
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    Why don't you contact mitsubishi and ask them and find out the answer for us. I doubt they have forgotten it so there must be a logical reason to why some have it and some don't
    Actually if you look at the pictures, the guys who have it, have a much shorter cable, than the ones that don't have it. And the brackets themselves are smaller than ours. Let me ask and see if there should be another bracket or not. Someone once explained to me, that the engines molds are designed for both right and left hand drive, and thus you will see connectors for various things on both sides but only one will be connected based on which side drive it is.

Experienced TGC Member
    Is it a facelift generational difference? Maybe a DE v. An ES? 99 v 01 v 02, etc... I have two I believe.
    -Chris

fed spek 01 es

have 2

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    WHat are you towing...
    Your new Z71! lol, I meant two!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

These are the brackets I made today,,I still have to polish them and get some different hardware,,,but you get the idea.
    Last edited by boochieboy; 09-10-2008 at 05:56 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast