The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Opinion on these rims

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Opinion on these rims

I saw these at pep boys and took a quick pic of them. I was thinking of the 16x7s on the left which are $20 more. Anyone know about pep boys rims?

sig too big

if you are gonna really do 16's, i wouldn't do anything with a lip. they would just make the wheel look smaller than they really are.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i would either sell yours rims and tires or wait till your tires are bald so u wont feel bad buying new tires, then go with 17 or 18's
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    if you are gonna really do 16's, i wouldn't do anything with a lip. they would just make the wheel look smaller than they really are.
    Yeah, I would consider going bigger, but already had to buy 16" tires due to a minor emergency. I might go lip-less and go all chrome.
    sig too big

the rim actually dosent look bad... but in 16" might look small
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    waste of money IMO

and they are wheels not rims

Save up, the stock GTZ rims look better then that crap.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Be patient dude, Discount Tire Direct is building a store near by. I would not buy Pep Boys Wheels, they are crap.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Pass on them. Save a bit more and shop around...you can find something alot better.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i think alot of us are too use to 17-19" wheels. i would go with what Ray (raz_76) said and get some GTZ wheels. or just save up a bit to get a good set of 16s

Your factory wheels carry a lot more class.

embrace them.

and lower your car.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i like your stock wheels better than any wheel at pepboys. getting those would be a HUGE downgrade... seriously. if you want the '99-'01 stock GTZ wheels i will trade you since they are sitting on my balcony... you pay shipping for your set to me and i will pay shipping for my set to you.
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-30-2008 at 01:13 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Im getting ready to sell these rims here on TGC, lmk if your interested. They're 16x6.5" Enkei's off the 9G's, and fit perfectly.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

What size are those?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

They're 16 x 6.5. They come stock on the 9G. Here's a thread that has real Mitsu wheels for sale at very reasonable prices. And I'll vouch for 9G as a seller. It's thanks to him that I'm sporting my Evo wheels and tires.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=30627

And like everyone said, please don't buy those Pep Boys wheels. Other than a vast supply of fluids and cleaning products at average prices, Pep Boys only has two things going for it; cheap replacement stock light bulbs and enough plastic stick on paraphernalia to rice out any vehicle in America.
    Last edited by Fishboy55; 06-30-2008 at 05:57 AM
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Get a the 9g wheels that ivory_g is selling

I figured that the pep boys deal was too good to be true. I like the style of those 9g Enkeis tho.
    sig too big

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Since you want to stay with a 16 inch wheel, I would go with those 9G wheels for sure. I don't see the reason to spend that much money for an aftermarket wheel that's under 17 inch.

Those G9 rims looks good :) With a real drop in height u will get a smooth look ;)