The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What Can You Do for Your 9G (Guide)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 62

What Can You Do for Your 9G (Guide)

Mods, put this on sticky it would help out.

What can you do for your 9G?
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anyone or anything hurt from this guide.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note from the OP: I created this guide because I cannot bear to see the 9G Galant being so degrated from the rest of the generation. Everyone knows from the bottom of our hearts that the 9G model is the most underlooked car in the Galant segment. The damage is already done since late 2003 and the company (Mitsubishi Motors World Headquaters) has been dealing with it since. There's an obvious design flaw when Japan discontinues the 380 and calling their new Lancer models as Galant Fortis (rumor has it that the Prototype-S concept will be named the new Legnum). China/Asia and the middle east has it's own 9G (Grunder design), and the Aussies stopped their 380 production line. It may have the performance potential but the design factor is less than ordinary than the previous designs. But with work, you can really place the 9g amongst other models. What does this mean for us USDM 9g owners? Well..... After looking at the "Concept Decepticon 9G" on both car-domain and club9g.com, I was compelled to write something to guide for the new 9g owners a better direction rather than making a fool of themselves and hurting the 9g community as a whole. Whether you own a 9G or not, we need to work together to keep this gen alive. We are family, but it looks like we're kicking our little brother out the door and fending for himself...

There are proud 9G Galant owners floating around the country (you know who you are) that are continuing to improve the vehicle to new levels. I salute you with all efforts. This guide will be constantly updated in time and hopefully one day, be as much eye candy as the previous gens...

Anyways here's the "Concept Decpticon 9G" link (Currently No.1 on Cardomain)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3041661

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Exterior/ Interior Mods

Let's face it: there's only one body kit for this model and it looks like this. So far, only 1 existing person has own this kit. Looks bleak doesn't it?

There is a "JDM" kit from the now discontinued 380 series but unless you have contacts from Aussie it's hards to find.

Krazieluv made a fiberglassed Front lip (as well as Eyelids) as a group buy. You can buy them at www.club9g.com. Be sure to register :)

Just like the 3G counterpart, the 4G Eclipse front seats has similar bolt patterns as the 9G Galant (you can test fit at your local junkyard or dealership where avaliable). Stock bucket seats has a lot of potential without having to make "custom bracket"...

Here are other stock parts you can change/alter (Assuming you got a 2004-2006 base trim model)

- Tail lights (SE or GTS/Ralliart)
    - Head lights (Black housing, projector heads)
    - Lowering springs (Check 9g - 4g compatibility)
    - '07 '08 Ralliart front/rear bumper
    - 380 rear window spoiler (a very sought out item)

Performance Capability

The 9G is solely based on the 4G Eclipse platform (or was it the other way around). Anyways, most of the money spent on the aftermarket R&D department went to the 4G Eclipse so it's a no brainer when 4G parts are compatible to 9G. The I4 parts fits as well as the MIVEC V6. The one really left out of the bunch would be non-MIVEC V6 even though there are aftermarket parts avaliable for them. Visit www.club4g.org for all aftermarket performance need. Trust me, it's all there, no need to ask "whether if it fit's my car"...

- Fujita CAI, I see few 9G 'ers with them because of price, but somehow most 4G owners sport them. Hmmm?

To be continued....
    Last edited by G-spot; 06-30-2008 at 10:36 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    wow those make the 9gs look awesome

That's what I saying. With good tweaks, a typical 9th gen (V6) can compete against a previous Altima SE-R in both looks AND functionality. I'm still baffled that only a super small percentage of 9G enthusiasts even attempt this. Mitsubishi failed to realise this, but I still have hope for the owners...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    lets all get 9gs! no but seriously, they can be a nice VIP car or a nice tuned looking car without being super rice and still have tons of room

I know this is a thread about the 9 G, but u mentioned something about the 3G being compatible, I assume you are saying that the 3 G seats will fit the 8G Galant?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I have black leather seats from a 3G

Bolts right in?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    good work as usual G-Spot

Is there any pics of some good modded 9G's? I am wanting to trade my 8G for a 9G, but i want to see the actual outcome of some work done.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Is there any pics of some good modded 9G's?
    Last edited by rez887; 08-13-2008 at 12:22 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    dont hate.. just not as cute as your convertable.

wow this thread is very much what i needed to see....i may not do 20's after all...i might just try to go wider and lower the 9g...but im not sure how many parts will actually fit cosmetic wise maybe the front ends but i know the backs arent similar....Where can i find that "380" jdm front bumper and hood and wing?!?! omg that is fire....i would def try to mimick that there....other than that id keep it oem and just keep it clean
    Last edited by dcobeo7931; 10-27-2008 at 08:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post

what is that??

so not for the 9g? then why is it in a thread titled "What Can You Do for Your 9G (Guide)"....

lol wth my car

im going lower
    Last edited by Its Reu; 02-18-2009 at 02:30 AM
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

I still cant respect the 9Gs front the grill and bumper just make it look like an old persons car. Once again another Gen hating on the 9Gers yes, but this car's been out for 5 years now guys go to home depo and get some fiber glass, that other bumper up there is still just purely plain, and start working on your own cars. By the time I get a 9G if I ever get one there will probably be more stuff out there.

Im gonna see if I can think of anything. That car on top of car domain still doesnt suit my fancy its just a bunch of rice lights and a few other mods when you said top of car domain i thought I'd look at it and want to piss my pants because it was so hot. I stand by what I said 9G need botox to bring the sharpness back.

hmmmm interesting.... NICE find G-spot oh and bro just for the record I was ROFLMFAO when you posted that cardomain link up, man I wonder whatever happened to that dude.... I remember that blow out like if it was yesterday

as for the body kit if you contact Aussie mitsu they are more than likely to help you out... I contacted them about the rear visor expecting nothing and to my suprise they are willing to sell me one and ship it out here, downside its gunna be boo-coo money to ship here and like Krazie you wont see your shit for like a year.. customs... and by that time you may not even want it-LOL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast