The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What Can You Do for Your 9G (Guide)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 62
    thanks...looks better in person...pics dont do justice

Quote Originally Posted by civicduty13 View Post
    I love the idea of the rear window visor also. So far I have just tinted mine. Keep things coming.

35% on the windshield and 15% all other windows.
    can you post up some other pics of the windshield, i kinda wanna get it done to

How did you do the mesh grille? I would like to replicate.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qzhv34
    Is it ricey?

Performance mods for a 99 galant

Ive got a 99 galant es model (3.0 litre v6) it's my first car I've had it for about 1 1/2 yrs and only about 106000 miles, had 98000 when I got it, it's in great mechanical condition has some issues aesthetically nothing major though. I haven't had to put a whole lot of money into it, just cleaning it up since it sat for a couple years. All together maybe a few hundred dollars. Anyways, I'm looking to get a little more performance out of it, so far I'm considering engine performance chips to advance timing and/or air filters. What has anyone else done to theirs to get more performance out of it? It has impressing power now for being a 13 yr old car, but being a teenager I'm looking for some little things that will improve its performance. I'm willing to pay for a performance chip so that gives an idea of how much I'm willing to spend for mods (at most around $200). Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djs77 View Post
    Ive got a 99 galant es model (3.0 litre v6) it's my first car I've had it for about 1 1/2 yrs and only about 106000 miles, had 98000 when I got it, it's in great mechanical condition has some issues aesthetically nothing major though. I haven't had to put a whole lot of money into it, just cleaning it up since it sat for a couple years. All together maybe a few hundred dollars. Anyways, I'm looking to get a little more performance out of it, so far I'm considering engine performance chips to advance timing and/or air filters. What has anyone else done to theirs to get more performance out of it? It has impressing power now for being a 13 yr old car, but being a teenager I'm looking for some little things that will improve its performance. I'm willing to pay for a performance chip so that gives an idea of how much I'm willing to spend for mods (at most around $200). Thanks
    First of all this is the 9g section. Second of all do your research cuz there no chips foe our cars. Search before your embarrass yourself.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

This is for 9G, model years 2004+

8G is 99-03 usdm models.

There are no "chips"

And lastly SEARCH!

I searched on the website for hours trying to find where I could post a question about performance mods and couldn't find anything so I just chose one that looked relevant. And I have found numerous performance chips to advance/retard TDC timing to get more HP, torque, MPG, etc. http://www.gforcechips.com/mitsubishigalant.aspx AND http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Mitsubishi/Galant/ here's a link for some in case you're wondering. Tone down your ego a bit it's just a forum site. I just made an account to post my question and see what other people had done so I didnt know that there was an 8g section let alone where to find it. A simple "wrong section, try this link..." would be fine and were not exactly talking supercars here so come on back down to earth.

I searched on the website for hours trying to find where I could post a question about performance mods and couldn't find anything so I just chose one that looked relevant. And I have found numerous performance chips to advance/retard TDC timing to get more HP, torque, MPG, etc. http://www.gforcechips.com/mitsubishigalant.aspx AND http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Mitsubishi/Galant/ here's a link for some in case you're wondering. Tone down your ego a bit it's just a forum site. I just made an account to post my question and see what other people had done so I didnt know that there was an 8g section let alone where to find it. A simple "wrong section, try this link..." would be fine and were not exactly talking supercars here so come on back down to earth.
    If u really searched Fowler hours u would've founds lots of info on performance topics and if u truely took the time to read those links u provided u would've noticed that's they're scam. U also u would have found in your search that $200 doesn't get you any major performance upgrades.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Good luck trying to find a place to plug in that 60HP Chip. And that super voltage stabilizer is pretty much an audio capacitor only weaker. Searched for hours huh....

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    LoL!!
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Uhh the first chip listed the JDM stage 3 performance chip plugs right into the OBD2 port under the dash so yeah I had a lot of trouble with that one, and I believe I already said I'm not trying to book a spot on the next fast and the furious, just add a little extra zip to it and get a snappier response, obviously the voltage stabilizer isn't exactly a performance chip, it says that in the name, it's to help break up voltage so it can aid fuel economy Amd help your stereo too. And when I searched for other performance mods the only things I got were massive overhauls people had done, which again I believe I already stated I'm not looking for anything huge to transform my car, something little and I figured a website dedicated to galant freaks might have a little info. No need to jump on the offensive.

Uhh the first chip listed the JDM stage 3 performance chip plugs right into the OBD2 port under the dash so yeah I had a lot of trouble with that one, and I believe I already said I'm not trying to book a spot on the next fast and the furious, just add a little extra zip to it and get a snappier response, obviously the voltage stabilizer isn't exactly a performance chip, it says that in the name, it's to help break up voltage so it can aid fuel economy Amd help your stereo too. And when I searched for other performance mods the only things I got were massive overhauls people had done, which again I believe I already stated I'm not looking for anything huge to transform my car, something little and I figured a website dedicated to galant freaks might have a little info. No need to jump on the offensive.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You would think he would know about intake/exhaust being an F&F Fan....

Simplest thing you can do to add a little pep is increase the airflow in and out.

Since its evident you don't know where to start.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SP-SERIES-IN...item33715f4e66

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-RACING...item2a1b527d00

I've already added a k&n cold air intake and filter that's why I'm looking for a little more, air intakes are inexpensive and help but I'm looking for a little more. But i can see your heads are too big to get my point across so I'll look somewhere else :)

I added a JDM Stage 3 performance chip (it's a plug and play style that goes directly into the OBD2 port under the dash) to my 1999 galant es (3.0 litre v6)
    After the "Mad Tyte Gen 3 JDM Performance Chip" fails to light up its LED's, send it back to the seller so they can shove it up their mothers ass...

http://www.performancechiptuning.com...DII+Module/14/

Did you really pay $200 for a freaken 'game boy' that plugs into your OBD (On Board Diagnostics, as in to diagnose vehicle/sensor malfunctions, not tuning) port? I just ROFLCOPTER'D!!

Quote From Webpage:
    How hard is installation?

Very easy. Simply plug the unit into your vehicle when off and start your vehicle. If installed correctly, the lights will flash.

And were the ones with the big heads?

This has to be a troll. It's common knowledge that these "chips" are nothing more than scams.

If you want more power, you pay to play: headers, full exhaust, ported heads, cams, ported intake manifolds, and a REAL tune, and if you really want a better kick, do a five speed swap.

Don't expect any love or acceptance for praising something well known with ANY forum as a scam.
    Last edited by Skyforger; 04-18-2012 at 06:56 PM

-Chris-

I lol'd when the site loaded up.

"Electric Supercharger 15HP/TQ"

-Chris-

^ I'm gonna get three, with some Y's, I'll be boosting 15 pounds bro!!

I'm really gonna need that Mega Raisins Voltage stabilizer so my cars electrical wont give way under so much load.

I mean, just look at these real world numbers man!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast