The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 18.8.5 Rims with tein springs

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

18.8.5 Rims with tein springs

I was wondering before I buy some rims, i was going to upgrade to the tein springs for a 4cyl which lowers the front 1.7" and 1.3" in the rear. I dont want these rims to rub they are 18" by 7.5 with an offset of 45 and not really sure what the offset is for the 8 gen galants nor what the hell offset is :) the only lug pattern for the galant is 5 x 114.3 right?. Well thanks to anyone who can help me with question.

Correct, the G has 114.3 bolt pattern.

18x7.5 should be able to work, but the more important part is the tire size. If you keep the offset in the 40s, it should be fine for a G, depending on your taste.

re

well thanks, so i should go with 225mm tire size right or whats the biggest I could go with? and an offset of 35 would be risking it right:)

I got 225/40 on my 18" 7.5" rims, its rubbin but no fuc.. way im gonna getting it higher

re...

Whats the off set on your rims?? the higher the wider the tires are right? yours are rubbing im assuming because they are 40mm and lower right?

i got 19x9 on the rear with a 35 offset with hella negative camber, and before it was a 19x8 with a 40 offset and its fine, so you will be ok with 40 offset.

Offset doesn't have to do with width of the tire or wheel, but how far the wheel sticks out from the axle.

This is the easiest way to explain offset over the computer.

[-----x-----] = Zero Offset, or in other words the wheel's mounting point is dead center of the wheel.

[--x--------] = Negative offset, or in other words the wheel's mounting point is moved towards the inside lip of the wheel, moving the body of the wheel farther from the car.

[--------x--] = Positive Offset, or in other words the wheel's mounting point is moved towards the outer portion of the wheel, moving the body of the wheel farther in under the car.

With a 18x7.5" wheel with a +45mm offset and 225/40R18 tires you won't (or rather shouldn't have) any issues with rubbing at all. There have been plenty of people who've run that combination without any issues whatsoever. Though you may want to consider rolling the lips of the rear quarter panels anyways, just in case.