The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Strut mount bushings

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Strut mount bushings

On an 8g, if these go bad would it cause a rattling noise goin over small bumps or wavy uneven pavement? i am having this problem and i thought it was a sway bar bushing or sumthin like that and my mechanic took a quick ride and a look and he said its prob the strut mount bushings..i looked and the yellow bushing looks intact...anyone else had this problem? .....thanks for the replies in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Lomo2117 View Post
    On an 8g, if these go bad would it cause a rattling noise goin over small bumps or wavy uneven pavement? i am having this problem and i thought it was a sway bar bushing or sumthin like that and my mechanic took a quick ride and a look and he said its prob the strut mount bushings..i looked and the yellow bushing looks intact...anyone else had this problem? .....thanks for the replies in advance
    Yellow bushing? The only thing yellowish that I know of are the bump stops, so I think that is what you are looking at. I would be more inclined to check control arm bushings or sway bar bushings and sway bar end links. Is it the front or the rear? If it's the front, the front struts don't have bushings. They do have spring pads at each end of the spring, but I doubt they are worn, but if they are, I doubt they would cause a rattle... possibly a squeaking sound.

If its the rear mine has done it for awhile now, finally took it to a mechanic and after a look he says its the sway bar; just bought the part and will have it replaced on Monday.

it is the front...i thought the yellow rubber piece when the strut is lifted was a bushing my bad...i was looking on mitsubishiparts.com at the assembly diagram and culd also be the upper spring insulator is bad and the spring is moving around and tapping against the spring seat possibly? im not sure n im confused cuz when he had my car on the lift i said to him i thought it was a sway bar bushing or sumthin like that and he said no....im gunna check all this out in the next two days cuz i have off but i was curious if ne1 else had this problem

ok so after checking EVERYTHING out under the car every mount and bushing, with the car down i had sum1 push on the front of the car and noticed the sound is coming from the strut...im guessing this means the strut is bad? i have my set of tein s.techs that i am waiting to put on, question is anyone know a cheaper spot than ebay for gr-2s? i found them for 225 shipped on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Lomo2117 View Post
    ok so after checking EVERYTHING out under the car every mount and bushing, with the car down i had sum1 push on the front of the car and noticed the sound is coming from the strut...im guessing this means the strut is bad? i have my set of tein s.techs that i am waiting to put on, question is anyone know a cheaper spot than ebay for gr-2s? i found them for 225 shipped on ebay
    I don't think you are going to find them cheaper than that. I was lucky to get my KYB AGXs for $290 shipped from raceko on Club3G. Actually, if he still has that deal going on, you should go with the AGXs instead.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    225 is a good price, I would not buy from that Raceko guy unless you are willing to wait months. Bad seller.

ya i figured i wasnt gunna find them any lower than that. its a good price and ill probably have them in 4 or 5 days....thanx for the help danj and raz