The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: a/c making a slushy draining noise

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

a/c making a slushy draining noise

whenever i catch a sharp turn or anything that makes the body roll towards the passenger side there is a sound of water rushing and then the carpet is wet on the passenger side.

things to check?

it's not the rain because this car has been through many seasons of nasty weather and it only started doing this a couple of weeks ago. nothing has change with the car recently.
    2003 ES 2.4L - 150k - Stock
    tranny flush, timing belt, tensioner replacement at 80k

update: my stereo fried as a result from the water. any fix would be appreciated.

well, you can always try searching, this was discussed too many times..

type in "water on floor"....i found a few threads with that search

2001 5 speed 4g64T

this thread made me thirsty
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

hah, thirsty indeed.

ok thanks, i'll search for that.. tried a bunch of other searches that turned up nothing. i'm not having the internet skills. =/

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    oh boy you dont realize how much water mine does. i finally figured out that it is my stupid plug like everyone said. i tried everything. my car was like a pool on my way to and from boston

check your drain plug for the a/c. its behind the rack n pinion, its really hard to see. happen to me twice so good luck.

Yup, drain for the AC is clogged. Been there. I wouldn't use the AC until you can unclog it.

Where in Westchester are you located? I live in Peekskill and work in White Plains.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    Yup, drain for the AC is clogged. Been there. I wouldn't use the AC until you can unclog it.

Where in Westchester are you located? I live in Peekskill and work in White Plains.
    nice man, i work in port chester and live in croton.

i just did the plug, basically shove the air can in from the passenger side at 90 degrees until the top is flush with the rear motor mount, bend the extension tube until it fits into the drain plug (get a feel for it just under the firewall). hold the trigger and watch whatever junk is clogged fly into your cabin. in my case some nasty brown stuff that smelled awful.. i was in a rush but i recommend to anyone doing this to lay a towel down on the floor first. ;)

after that about a gallon of water came rushing out of the plug and onto the asphalt under the car. thank god that didn't go into the cabin too!

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    nice man, i work in port chester and live in croton.
    I see you've been on TGC for a while, but I never noticed you were from Westchester. We've probably passed each other on the road before. lol. There is a member here named ZigenScarface (Gary) who is also from Westchester. I don't know if you are interested, but he has some EGR Sunguards for sale.

hey. spray my lysol onto the mats and carpet. that will help kill the bacteria and help the smell.