The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lowering Springs on Coilovers Anyone?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

lowering Springs on Coilovers Anyone?

I don't know if this would work or how benifical/safe it would be to do but just had an idea about it so I thought I'd ask...

Can you place regular lowering springs on the coil/sleve of some Groundcontrol Coilovers? I coild get some megan lowering springs from the j-yard for cheap and replace the springs that are on the GC coilovers.. I duno if it will fit but was wondering what you guys thought about it....

Proably will try it out on the front only. The back sits nice without any noise....
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Coilover springs are much smaller then regular lowering springs i think
    EDIT: POST 1K!!!! :D

what makes u think coilover springs would be taller than the lowering springs?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

First of all, the spring on the coilovers are much lower and smaller than any lowering springs on our Gs.

Yeah, there is no way regular lowering springs will fit on any coilovers. The springs on the coilovers are much smaller diameter wise... not sure about the height. Springs from other coilovers might work, but I wouldn't try it since most coilovers are designed to work with the springs that come with them.

The height is very diffrent aswell. A coilover are 2/3 of a regular spring

As far as I remember, you can order different spring sets from GC.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

its tru the coil over spring is really tiny in width and diamter than a regular drop spring...because its meant to sit on the adjustment perch thingy , as for regular springs sit on the strut itself...