The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gone Five Speed but...

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Gone Five Speed but...

I've gone five speed but one of the problems I ran into was the tranny mount was diff on automatic then the manual got the right one from Autozone but had to modify it with spacers so the engine would sit flat. Now everytime I shift, using a six puck sprung clutch, the engine jerks alot. I know its not my shifting, so should i try using prothane inserts or did they give me the wrong mount.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    No idea what you re talking about. You get teh manual transmission mount and it fits just like the automatic dude. Why you have to use spacers? Msaybe you got thewrong mount, maybe you should get it from the dealer.

the automatic mount on the tranny looks different and wouldn't fit anyway i put it... but maybe autozone gave me the wrong mount.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Yes the automatic transmission mount and manual are different but they will fit the same. That is why I don't order parts from autozone because I've had to return later that day to exchange them. Go to the dealer, pay 90 bucks and get the right one.

kk sounds good... should i do inserts anyways though?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the prothane mounts will definatelly help with wheel hop etc

why did you go witha 6 puck clutch what hidden gem do you have under that hood that you need it, it in itself is a harsh clutch as well, that may also be part of the problem

Oh don't worry there will be a jem next year... for now just gonna turbo after I fix the mount issue... Ya i know that it is a harsh clutch but there is a ton of engine movement more than there should be.

my fidanza disk makes some wicked mean noise and jerks hard when i push the car, but it's normal.

i think it's the combination of the 6 puck and wrong mount.

inserts will make the car vibrate alot. i mean alot

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    my fidanza disk makes some wicked mean noise and jerks hard when i push the car, but it's normal.

i think it's the combination of the 6 puck and wrong mount.

inserts will make the car vibrate alot. i mean alot
    Mine doesn't vibrate alot