The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Epic FAIL

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    TGC Regular

My Epic FAIL

As you all know by now I'm converting my interior black and silver. Today I thought I'd try to redo my steering wheel and failed hard. Here are some pictures, I didnt feel like taking the new vinyl off so I just left it on. The vinyl I got looks so cheap in the car, I thought it was going to turn out better than it did. I'm going to the junkyard Monday and getting a Diamante steering wheel with radio controls.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Are you serious??

TGC Regular
    I gave up, I couldnt get the vinyl around wheel right. So I just put it back on the car as it was.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    you should drive that to a car show. I bet one person would be like, woah, is that the newest thing on the street. i gotta get one!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i had one a while ago from wheelskins.com, came out pretty nice after i wrapped it, but you sew it on and it takes a while to get right

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    atleast you tried, you think the controls from a dimante wheel could work for our radios if you wired it?

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    i had one a while ago from wheelskins.com, came out pretty nice after i wrapped it, but you sew it on and it takes a while to get right
    Was it worth it? How did it fit? Because i have been wanting to have my steering wheel rewraped... I was thinking two tone, tan and black like my interior... Would you recomend it? How did it hold up?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

TGC Regular
    I cut this out and sewed it together myself. Its just hard to get it wrapped around the wheel.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    it held up very well, its a simple install but a bit tedious and in order to get it right definartelly takes a while but overall it looked good, i know danj has one as well check out his pics

nice thanks... thats exctally what i am looking for...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Looks like tape.

I'll give you an F for the work but an E for effort lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    lol

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    We all fail sometimes, you just happened to share it with the entire board....at least you didn't put a fan in your engine bay, or buy an electric supercharger

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by remarque View Post
    I cut this out and sewed it together myself. Its just hard to get it wrapped around the wheel.
    did you try using a heat gun at all?

Yeah, just get one from Wheelskins. I've had mine for many years. Like fatal1 said, it was a bit tedious to put on, but once you finally get it lined up right, it's not too bad.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    Yeah, just get one from Wheelskins. I've had mine for many years. Like fatal1 said, it was a bit tedious to put on, but once you finally get it lined up right, it's not too bad.

u need black floormats like me

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    u need black floormats like me
    In that pic, those mats haven't been in my car for years. lol. I've had some custom ones from GG Bailey since then. See below. My front ones are all dirty and stained now though. Maybe I'll get some black ones.

I used to have both front floormats that said GALANT on them but when I cleaned them and left them on my back porch to dry someone stole one. Srrssly. Stole ONE.
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    You are trying. Out of many failures come success.