The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: the history of my galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    Thats cool. But i think i am going to go with something like the vrg lip. Cant wait to see how she turns out.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

ive always like your car...especially the color

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    ive always said " the few the proud the blue"

amen. i'm looking at crossing in to the blue soon :)
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

"Cross into the Blue!" Hell yeah, Air Force!

I just hope i can get mine to look as nice as your car!

ill be adding another chapter shortly

superman red is better

ive had the car for 6 1/2 years, been almost clean the entire time. a few bumps in the road but over all id give it a b+
    well ive tried being good but im turning to the dark side. ill post pictures as i go. i dont wanna give away the overall look but im a baller on a budget so il will be a train going uphill. it'll get to the top but it will take some pushing to get there.
    some up to date pictures...

blue8g
    looks good i think the spoiler should be black tho IMO

That looks hella good! What kinda prep did you have to do to the car befor you laid that down?

a friend owns a shop, they did it but as far as i know he used windex to clean the surface and he used a heat gun to apply the vinal.

thats pretty sweet lookin' two tones not my cup of tea but that looks sweet!!!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03 View Post
    It was feburary of 2003 and my wife (girlfriend at the time) was about to give birth to our first child. I was driving her parents old 87 acura legend with no AC, that wasnt going to cut it with a newborn on the way. A coworkers dad worked at a mitsubishi dealership. i researched different mitsubishi's before i went to see him, i had it narrowed down between a mirage, lancer or galant (had to be 4 doors). While strolling the lot the wife spotted what is now our galant because of its color blue. we took it for a spin and i fell in love with it right away. i was impressed by the throttle response over the legend as well as the interior. 8 long hours later i was taking her home. didnt even bother with looking at the mirage or lancer.
    first pic was jan/04

less than a month after this picture was taken i was involved in an accident

thank fully no one was hurt

2-3 months and $1k later and i had her back. it wasnt until it was in the shop getting repaired was when i was bitten by the "bug"
    unfortunately the bug was the rice bug.

you all can blame pedro (cencee) for selling me the decal
    crome tails off ebay
    17'' white zenkies from local shop
    and the famous cleared corners.

i took a curb kind of hard doing a u turn in the rain, badily damaged passengers side, cracked the rim as a matter of fact. couldnt keep air in any tire.
    at the same time another LV member (Len -screen name escapes me) was selling his rims and tires
    18'' speedy vertec VR5, also added the billet grill and EGR sunvisor. ~sigh and yes superman decals on fog lights~

well i guess it was the feeling of the rims on the galant, everything didnt seem to match, i.e. headlights, tails and stripe. so i got rid of/replaced them
    to this day i believe im the first 20-03 with oem bumper and JDM headlights. added superman symbol to the billet grill, 2nd gen tails, JDM Side markers and CF evo hood and eibach springs to finish my new look.

I know this is super old but do you have a gap in between the fender and the bumper due to the jdm headlights ?

Wow, Krispy03, I wonder whatever happened to him? Looking at his pics I almost want to go and fit my heads w/o my kouki bumper just for the heck of it.

^To answer your question... I don't know if Krispy had a gap, doesn't look like. But: I had JDM heads with the USDM bumper back in the day, and while it is a tight fit, you can make it work so there's no gap. If you still have the weather strip on the heads, remove them. Also, loosen the fender bolts when fitting it, and tighten them last after the heads and the bumper are in place.
    Last edited by gtx; 09-21-2015 at 11:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Wow, Krispy03, I wonder whatever happened to him?

^To answer your question... I don't know if Krispy had a gap, doesn't look like. But: I had JDM heads with the USDM bumper back in the day, and while it is a tight fit, you can make it work so there's no gap. If you stille have the weather strip on the heads, remove them. Also, loosen the fender bolts when fitting it, and tighten them last after the heads and the bumper are in place.
    I think I need more details aha

Blog Entries
    Great car I Love and that Hood this freaking awesome

Beautiful car man looks like a winner how many miles have you put on it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12