The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Humming noise when I run the air

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Humming noise when I run the air

Recently, I started hearing a humming noise whenever I run air (AC or not) coming from the passenger side of the vehicle. It gets louder the higher I have the blower setting and seems to diminish some whenever I open the fresh air vent as opposed to recirculating the interior air.

What could be causing this?
    sig too big

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    The blend door isn't closing properly and it's causing that noise, kinda like when your windows at the house don't close all the way shut and you hear the wind blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    The blend door isn't closing properly and it's causing that noise, kinda like when your windows at the house don't close all the way shut and you hear the wind blowing.
    I suspected this, I just didn't know what to call it. Any way to get to it so i can service it?
    sig too big

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    It would require removing parts of the dash depending where the "blend" door is at since its all tucked behind the dashboard.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Its right under the glove box.. You shouldn't have to take your dash off.

Yeah, the blower motor is behind the glove box. Hopefully it's something minor and not the blower motor itself that is making noise.

same thing happened to me... remove the skrews from the blower motor under your dash, take out the leaves and over items and reinstall and i bet that your noise would be gone... mine was
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights