The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stuck?????

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

stuck?????

wus up everybdy, i came across these , they r 4 an 03 eclipise so i now they will fit my 8g. but , i think im missing sum parts. can any1 put me up on sum game please.
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks like your missing the upper sturt mounts. and those the front struts have a spot so you can hook up the sway bar links?

With those ground control coilovers, it looks like 2 of the upper spring perches are missing. You use the stock upper mounts. Also, I wouldn't recommend running these with stock front struts which is what is in the picture unless they have the Koni inserts installed inside of them. The rears look like Koni shocks.

Edit: Actually, looking again, the fronts do appear to be the stock shells with Koni inserts. You can tell by the adjustment at the tip. I used to have the Koni inserts back in the day with Progress springs. They didn't last very long before they blew out though.
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 07-08-2008 at 12:55 PM

so im missing 2 upper spring perches (would that b for the struts or the shocks ?) and upper strut mounts ,what about spring pads ? also is there any way 2 test if these stuts/shocks r blown? thanx. oh yea do i call koni or ground control 4 the parts?

yeah but your FRONT struts have to have a connection for the sway bar links, thats where they link up to on your 8g
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel.glnt View Post
    so im missing 2 upper spring perches (would that b for the struts or the shocks ?) and upper strut mounts ,what about spring pads ? also is there any way 2 test if these stuts/shocks r blown? thanx. oh yea do i call koni or ground control 4 the parts?
    In the picture, the two small round black pieces are the upper spring perches. I'm pretty sure you need 4 of them. I would assume they are the same for the front and the rear. If they are different, I'm not sure which 2 you have. You might want to see if Ground Control has any installation instructions you can download. It would also show you what stock parts besides the upper mounts you need to reuse. They would be the ones you would call to get the other 2 upper spring perches.

Quote Originally Posted by galantryinbattle View Post
    yeah but your FRONT struts have to have a connection for the sway bar links, thats where they link up to on your 8g
    They should have them seeing that they are stock housings. I just think you can't see the brackets at the angle the picture was taken.

good looking out every1 , i'd really like 2 knw now if there is away 2 c if there blown (before i slap'em on) i know there rebuildable, thats one of the reasons i bought them 4 a buck 20. dude said there good but... any tips or suggestions with this is highly appreciated. yeah ther ia a connection 4 swaybar. thanx.
    Last edited by ezekiel.glnt; 07-08-2008 at 08:40 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Did you buy these off Craigslist?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

yeah, why?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel.glnt View Post
    yeah, why?
    I thought so, bcz I saw the posting and asked the guy about buying the springs, but he said he sold them the day b4 I asked. It's funny that it happened to be some1 here on TGC. LOL! I can see they def have 30K miles on them tho. I dont believe there is anyway to check if they're blown unless they're on the car. Its a gamble to know if they're good or not, or how long they will last...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Well, if they don't appear to be leaking at all, that's a plus. lol. But, if you compress them and they go back up by themselves, they should be fine. If you can compress them really easily or if they don't come back up on their own, they are bad. Of course even if they seem fine now, there is no telling when they will blow out.

Ivory, you would buy things off craigslist lol.jk

1st of all props 2 danj and ivory g 4 ur game, a kit 4 what im missing is 120 perches /stops etc fom gc. i ran my own test , lol, by compressing them wit my weight , not 2 ez. , not 2 hard and slowly decompressed, but by next week wiil knw 4 sure if i got a good deal cuz its like 700 $ for all 4 konis and 380$ 4 gc, even if i got 2 re-build them im guessing its cheaper than 1100 $. i'll keep da hommies posted though. they say ", a ignorant man learns from his mistakes , a wise man learns from the mistake of others" - zun tzu . thanx hommies