The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: KYB Gr2s

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

KYB Gr2s

Hi,

I've been reading around for a good strut/shock replacement and from the fact that I'm not lowering my car, I think Gr2s are the way to go. So, I've ordered a set and they are on the way. Now, my question is, do I need to replace my strut mounts with KYB mounts or can I order the stock ones instead? Will the stock one fit well with the GR2s or do you guys recommend going with KYBs?

Also, another unrelated question, when you search the forum with the word "kyb" how come nothing comes up? I read a lot of posts with reference to KYB, but the search doesn't work?

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    the outside is exactly the same as oem..so yes oem or kyb strut mounts will work

Thanks. Will go with the OEM then, it's easier to order and cheaper too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    You dont need to replace anything unless they are cracked and need to be replaced. KYB GR-2 is a stock replacement but about 30% better then the ones offered by mitsubishi.

Yeah, the stock mounts seem in pretty bad state, so was doing it with the suspension since my car is over 100K and still with the original struts. I read somewhere else, that it's also required to change struts every 12K miles or so? Is that true?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    No, that's when you need to start inspecting them to make sure they don't leak or have any other issues but you dont replace them then. My stock suspension usually lasts about 50k. At 100K it's a good idea since you have everything apart to replace strut mounts and such as you mentioned.

"KYB" is too short to search.

Hey, that's right, I tried with "KYB struts" and it worked. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    No, that's when you need to start inspecting them to make sure they don't leak or have any other issues but you dont replace them then. My stock suspension usually lasts about 50k. At 100K it's a good idea since you have everything apart to replace strut mounts and such as you mentioned.
    Thanks Raz, will keep that in mind.