The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Manual Boost Controller

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Manual Boost Controller

Hey guys I have a Turbo XS boost controller on my 4G63T. I have no manual on it as I bought the car that way. my question is how do I adjust it, I know that it gets adjusted using a allen wrench but I dont want to turn it and grain or lose 5lbs. I need to know how much turning adds or removes how much boost. Right now I am boosting like 8lbs and it sometimes spikes to about 10. Car has an intake, cat back exhaust, adustable fuel regulator, and front mount intercooler. Thanks for the help guys

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The more you tighten the knob(clockwise), the more boost it will add. Takes about 1/4 turn for 2psi ish kind of, just turn it slightly, go for a drive, and see what it sets at.
    7g for life!

^+1.. there is really no math for this. Well unless you want ot calculate the spring presure and such.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Math not my strong point. I think what I am going to do is turn the boost down a quater of a turn and see what kind of difference it makes and then from there I should be able to figure out turning it up.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Also make sure the hoses are in the correct spot on the boost controller
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

all the above plus how far do u have it mounted from the turbo ?? the length of the hose has an effect on the boost spike
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

The controller is like foot and half max fromthe turbo...it is located right next to the fuse box in the engine bay, if you look at my intro you can see where it is located. I could mount it much closer to the turbo or further away if needed. I belive that it is hooked up properly but if someone has a drawing on how it should be hooked up so that I am possitive it would be helpful. Thanks for the help