The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Camera Suggestions

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Camera Suggestions

Please forgive if no the proper post spot.

Ive been looking into buying a new digital, been using a Fuji 2.4 (great camera for as old as it is and all the drops that its sustained) but need an upgrade. I would like a Canon, I have one of their minidv cams and the thing is great. Right now the Powershot A590 IS looks like a possiblity, any suggestions or reviews are welcomed.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    All depends on your price range.
    7g for life!

Not more than $200.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The A590 is nice, if you want to spend a tad more, check out the SD1100 IS, would be the best camera for that price range.
    7g for life!

Worked for canon myself at a point, buy a lumix better quality and great lenses, or a samsung nv great little beasts, canon charge a premium for the brand name, although the are quality

When I was looking around for a camera about a year ago, I went with a Canon too, but I too had the idea to either buy the A series or the SD series, and one advantage on the A series over the SD series is the fact that it uses regular batteries and you can always buy it at the local store rather than looking for a place to charge your Canon battery in the SD series. Also the SD series is a lot slimmer to carry.
    Image Stabilization is a great feature to have, so stick with that. The A590 has 4x optical zoom, which is 1 more than the SD1100IS, more optical zoom is always better.

I have a Canon A570IS and I love it!!, Only complaint is that its a little battery hungry!!!

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

Normal over lithium batteries, Lithium wins, i know cant charge if your out and about but they do last 10 x longer than standard AA, Also image stabilization at such a low telefoto range (zoom) of times 4 is almost useless. its only useful at high zoom. the ixus range from canon are pretty damn good, dont go for the 10mp ones 5-7 is plenty 4mp is enough to print a full size photo in full rez, 7 will get you a bit bigger than A4 before youll see pixelation.

Thanks for the input

remeber optical zoom is just the lazy mans way of not getting slightly closer, remember the more you zoom the more you flatten the perspective leading to underwhelming photos, if you wanna frame something closer just go towards it.

^^^I understand that, my boss just bought a more expensive Canon for the 10X zoom but same pixs as the A590, to be a boss

lol, biggest thing i look out for and the best test of quality is too press the shutter button and the amount of time between pressing and the image being taken should be instant, any lag and you know the CCD/CMOS and accordingly the processor is shit.

this one is quality http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=102962 good deal on the printer too.

Wow buy it somwhere else though forgot it was in £pounds, can be got much cheaper

Ill probably buy from Dell, I have an account with them and the have good service if there are any problems