The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Valve stuck o rwhat ?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Valve stuck o rwhat ?

i am trying to figure out why my car is missing....for some reason the battery light came on along with brake light...they come on and off but when i accelrate it lights up bright both brake and battery..battery has 12.56v and alternator while car is on is cranking out 19.253v i really don tknow any more no smoke even when i rev it so i know its not a piston maybe i lost compression due to a sticking or stuck valave....when i put it in drive the vaccum guage jus flux from -20 to -10 vaccum an dsometimes it won tbut def missing...?

Your alternator is pumping out way too much. Should be about 14.7v when the engine is running regardless of RPM with the exception of idle. While idling it may not be spinning fast enough to provide enough power. Regardless, 19.2v is way to much. I'm surprised you haven't fried something. I don't know if this is what is causing the missing but if the car started missing at the time the battery light went "on" it may be the problem. With the voltage so high the computer may not be seeing all the signals from all its sensors correctly.