The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas gauge problem

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Gas gauge problem

hey guys i have a problem, i bought some ac gauges from ebay and had it installed. after they installed it i check it, everything seems to work fine, expept for my gas gauge. the gauge was down to E lower than E.( i had a half tank of gas before they installed it). so he told me to put some gas in it. so i did. the gauge went all the way to half tank. so i thought how the hell can this happen? my options were

1: someone drained my gas
    2: there is still something wrong

everything was working fine i was able to drive for a week with it. and now im almost at E and my gas warning light still wont light. usually by the time it reaches the second to the last bar my gas light turns on but now im still driving and my needle is already at E but still no gas light.

what do you guys think is wrong with my gauge? i put a full tank of gas but the needle stops at the fourth line below Full.

any info will be appreciated thanks in advance!:D

i say fill the tank till the pump cuts off cause it is full then take your guage panel apart and then adjust the gas gauge to full
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

your gas needle is not calibrated. he must have messed them up when he put them in.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i knew something was wrong when he started moving it up n down just to prove to me it works. because evrytime he moved it up the gas would go down where it belongs. and i saw a post here before that you should never touch your needles or else its gonna get messed up. what should i have them do?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    unfortunately you just have to keep playing with it until you get it right...everytime you fill up your car move the needle to full, dont push too hard on it though, it should be about halfway on that pin it sits on

damn now my temp gauge is acting weird. it takes a very long time before it even reacts. its just on C.

damn i fixed it! finally.