The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is this good deal?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    redlobster

Is this good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...5&category=6767

Are these a good deal , I was about to bid on them but want other members opinions that know more about cars and suspensions then me.

thanks
    sean

Experienced TGC Member
    They look decent, I'm sure they'll get the job done

Ask Jesse... I think those are the ones he bought.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

redlobster
    alright, would i be able to install them myself, and would all i need is like an allan wrench or something similar? I have done very little work in this field, although my dad knows a lot but it would be cheaper for me to do it
    thanks

sean

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redlobster)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright, would i be able to install them myself, and would all i need is like an allan wrench or something similar? I have done very little work in this field, although my dad knows a lot Â*but it would be cheaper for me to do it
    thanks

sean</div>

I wouldn't.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redlobster)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright, would i be able to install them myself, and would all i need is like an allan wrench or something similar? I have done very little work in this field, although my dad knows a lot Â*but it would be cheaper for me to do it
    thanks

sean</div>

You'll need the Allen wrench to adjust them, once they are installed. To install them you'll need:
    1 Ton Jack
    2 Jack Stands
    12, 14, 15mm Socket wrenches
    Hammer
    Spring Compressor
    New Strut mounts (recommended)
    A hacksaw... to cut down your bump stops.

That's all, if you have this stuff and your dad can help you out... go for it. Once you look at the suspension itself, the whole thing becomes self explainitory.

I would recommend new struts with the setup though, you'll need them down the road anywayz because if you keep the stock and lower the car, they're gonna blow... hard. So just do it all at once
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>