The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can Some 1 tell Me About the Levels

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Can Some 1 tell Me About the Levels

I want to know when i bring my tranny in (auto) what are to levels because my friend was telling me 1 is like everyday driving and level 2 is lil better can any 1 clear this up for me

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I think your friend doesnt know what he is talking about. The only 'level' there is for auto trans is 'Level 10' which is an actual company, not a level of performance. If you want to rebuild your auto trans, you could go through Level 10 or IPT, I would rather have an IPT trans then a Level 10.

http://www.levelten.com/index.html

http://www.importperformancetrans.co...ishiauto.shtml
    7g for life!

Angel(sleepervr-4) had his old auto tranny built at IPT...I think.

and if you mean L, 2, 3 and drive then he really doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about! Because those are just the different gears, if you drive around in L or 1...you'll burn up your engine and tranny! Be a little more specific about what you are asking

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    3-third & 2second gears are for driving slowly in heavy city traffic or on mountain roads where more precise speed control is desired. Also use them when climbing long grades, and for engine braking when traveling downhill.

-L- This position is for driving up very steep grades and for engine braking at low speeds when diving down steep slopes.

3rd gear
    2.4L=90 mph 3.0l=118 mph

2nd gear
    2.4L=58MPH 3.0L=79MPH

L gear
    2.4L=28MPH 3.0L=31MPH

This is what the owners manual says.

He was talking about level10 like Seth mentioned...he asked this in another thread that had already answered the same question.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

never heard of this thanks for the info. what does this actually do? just better shifting?

was he asking about stages?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    sounds like your friend drives a honda. they love to have levels, like when they say they have a level 3 clutch, and then you ask what the brand is, and they just say it's level 3 cause they wanted something better than level 2. levels are applied when car owners want to know as little as possible about their car, so instead of saying i have a 20G turbo and an act 2100 clutch, they can say i have a level 3 turbo and a level 2 clutch. but to anyone that's unfortunate enough to be listening, it means nothing, because it's all meaningless
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    lol i loved heaging people say stuff like that at locak meets.. "i have stage 3 bolt on greddy turbo kit"
    "what size turbo is it?"
    "stage 3 arent u lisnting?!"

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    sounds like your friend drives a honda. they love to have levels, like when they say they have a level 3 clutch, and then you ask what the brand is, and they just say it's level 3 cause they wanted something better than level 2. levels are applied when car owners want to know as little as possible about their car, so instead of saying i have a 20G turbo and an act 2100 clutch, they can say i have a level 3 turbo and a level 2 clutch. but to anyone that's unfortunate enough to be listening, it means nothing, because it's all meaningless
    dammm how many psi you running again i see your video when your car was on the dyno very nice