The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GTZ with gargaling noise

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

GTZ with gargaling noise

I have been trying to figure this out for several weeks. When cold the engine will make a noise that I can only describe as sounding like someone gargling. It is loudest when cold and only happens when the engine is under load. Doesn't matter if its in reverse of drive, the noise presents itself as soon as I put it in gear. The noise is also present if I turn on the A/C while the car is in park. The noise almost goes away when the car is warmed up but is still present at Hwy speeds if I'm accelerating even slightly. At first I thought it was an exhaust leak because, when on the hwy, the noise would get louder when I would hit a dip and then immediately go away. The kind of dip that I'm referring to are those you find on the hwy where you the driver just sink into the seat. Sort of like a low spot in the road. Any way the noise seems to be coming from the area around the catalytic of the rear cylinder bank. I could not find any exhaust leak where the cat bolts to the exhaust manifold or the Y pipe. I will post a sound bite if it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by ni2 View Post
    I have been trying to figure this out for several weeks. When cold the engine will make a noise that I can only describe as sounding like someone gargling. It is loudest when cold and only happens when the engine is under load. Doesn't matter if its in reverse of drive, the noise presents itself as soon as I put it in gear. The noise is also present if I turn on the A/C while the car is in park. The noise almost goes away when the car is warmed up but is still present at Hwy speeds if I'm accelerating even slightly. At first I thought it was an exhaust leak because, when on the hwy, the noise would get louder when I would hit a dip and then immediately go away. The kind of dip that I'm referring to are those you find on the hwy where you the driver just sink into the seat. Sort of like a low spot in the road. Any way the noise seems to be coming from the area around the catalytic of the rear cylinder bank. I could not find any exhaust leak where the cat bolts to the exhaust manifold or the Y pipe. I will post a sound bite if it will help.
    welcome to the V6 world of galants.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=28486

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    welcome to the V6 world of galants.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=28486
    Took the words right out of my mouth