The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: is it worth it?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    2003gtz

is it worth it?

is this worth buying at all i need to replace my front pads but i figured i might as well look at replacing the rotors and this looks like a good price for all four.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...spagenameZWDVW

Quote Originally Posted by 2003gtz View Post
    is this worth buying at all i need to replace my front pads but i figured i might as well look at replacing the rotors and this looks like a good price for all four.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...spagenameZWDVW
    $150 shipped for four rotors for a V6 is a pretty darn good price. As easy as the rotors are to swap, it couldn't hurt. especially since you have 80,000 miles on the original rotors.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

2003gtz
    good advice again fishboy thanks a lot

it couldn't hurt? seriously? we are talking about brakes dude.. it could hurt... a lot...

lol..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    yea i just changed my brake pads n rotors and the caliper was fine before I did the swap, now I need a remanufactured one and it leaked brake fluid all over my wheel, ruining the finish. double whammy

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    You will get what you pay for, that's for sure. These are your brakes and I think you should go with a name brand or stock at least. That's just me though.

2003gtz
    you do make a good point maby ill just replace the pads and wait on the rotors

Try www.rockauto.com Also, the rear can wait a little but I would definitely replace the front rotors at least for now and then when you have more cash, get the rear done. Thats my best advice.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 07-14-2008 at 09:59 PM

2003gtz
    wow looks like some great prices thanks

u should also consider changing all 4 pads not just the front , seriously. at least thats what i was taught.
    Last edited by ezekiel.glnt; 07-15-2008 at 12:52 AM

The rear does not wear down as fast as the front, the rear doesn't help too much in stoping the car, the front does.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    it couldn't hurt? seriously? we are talking about brakes dude.. it could hurt... a lot...

lol..
    That's out of context. What I said was as long as you're replacing pads, the rotors are easy to swap and it couldn't hurt to do so. The OP didn't indicate he was having any problems with his brakes, or my answer would have been more direct, like change your rotors and pads before you kill someone!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.