The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dope status

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Showing results 221 to 240 of 796
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    there's always ways around importing and registration requirements... one of those is importation as a kit car or for display purposes only (or for off highway use) and in kit form, since the car is not yet considered a "car". that is one of the ways they are getting NOBLES into the US. the registration is the tricky part... but according to KTM, X-BOWS are not available (for delivery) in the US in completed form. they could however import the components into the US as long as the car is not a running assembly, or even rolling chassis, and there are probably companies willing to do this then let another company complete it in the US.
    100% correct. this is how they are still getting R34 Skylines into the US nowadays. They have an exporter take it apart in japan, the body is stripped to a bare shell and shipped over, then the rest of the parts get crated and shipped seperately, then it gets assembled in the US and registered as a gray market specialty vehicle or kit car.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

^^^^So is that what i would have to do if i wanted to import a Legnum Or Galant VR4?
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

if anyone is looking for a R32 or R34, i have a friend of a friend who has a few unregistered ones in New England

blue8g
    the government is impounding r32s and r34's and crushing them........

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    where did you get that info?? if they are registered as a "kit car" and abiding by U.S. law, the Govt. has no right whatsoever to just take them and crush them. What about R33's? They're an exception??

edit: a little search on google gave me this

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightlin...san-diego.html

thats fucking rtarded. Why just the Skylines??

Fucking retarded.
    Last edited by 4g63lover; 09-19-2009 at 04:52 PM
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

blue8g
    idk why just skylines, r33's are exempt because they were crash certified at some point iirc

I'm legitimately angry now.

I'm angry because my uncle was a former R34 owner. He doesnt have it anymore but the memories made with that car was endless. We won't suffer from it but other people who LOVE that car and own one and went through all of that work to get it here will be HEARTBROKEN.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

blue8g
    yep, and what i don't get is, what are they getting out of it? the r34's/r32's that are here are prolly barely driven, all it is is millions in taxpayer dollars down the drain

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    ^^^^So is that what i would have to do if i wanted to import a Legnum Or Galant VR4?
    actually you would have to have a company experienced in the market do this for you. they would know the loopholes and regulations better to get your car over here and registered in some fashion. it will however cost much more than the cost of the car and shipping to pay for fees and taxes etc.

I want some steelies like these for winter wheels

yep, and what i don't get is, what are they getting out of it? the r34's/r32's that are here are prolly barely driven, all it is is millions in taxpayer dollars down the drain
    Actually there are a pair of R33s in the SF Bay Area that I believe are daily driven. The owners are in the military though...

blue8g
    well i didn't say none of them were driven......and who knows if they're real gt-r's or just gt-s or gt-t's

The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Theyre only impounding the "skylines" that were purchased the Kaizo, like the FnF "Skyline"

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    beautiful subies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

blue8g
    those subies are as fack

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    is that photoshopped?

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast