The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1994 Galant Gs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

1994 Galant Gs Dohc 5spd

Hey guys! I am a fairly new member of TGC, and I have a question...
    As many of you may know the GS model made in 94 is very rare....I would say even more rare than the 91-92 GALANT VR4. I know Mitsubishi Motors made about 1% of the total production in the GS model and that it was the only model that was ensambled in Japan and broght to U.S. But, DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW MANY OF THESE GS WERE ACTUALLY MADE??? (just like we know that the GVR4 were 2000 in 91 and 1000 in 92.)

P.S. I am the proud owner of a white 94 GALANT GS 5 speed in beautyful condition, with only 101k pampered original miles on it to be exact!(visit my page at cardomain to see some pics of my toy!!) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2741745

In another aspect, was the 96 GALANT model ever available with digital A/C display??? I have seen some pic of some of U.S. 96 galant owners that have that feature.....that 's very nice!!!
    Last edited by dmdvzla; 05-30-2009 at 11:22 PM

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ

the digital ac was available for european models, but not all of them. dont know about JDM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

damn dude. thats cleannnn!

even the engine bay looks immaculate.

If you were closer and I had money I would buy that in a heartbeat!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

the digital climate control only came on a few usdm 7G's with the LS trim level

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    christ that is one good looking automobile
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

you know whats the funny part is i never got to meet you man and have some pics taken of both our GS models.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

yeah I know man!! I tried to contact you through cardomain to meet when I has in Miami , but never answer...some other time! Then I read the you were selling your GS and all the parts you got for it, so I thought you had moved on with Galants. Did you decided to keep it after all??? I have the same dilemma now.....I love my GS and I want to keep it, but there are times that a think it time to move on to a new car...but then again where am I going to find a good quality, powerful and limited edition car like this??? not to mention gas economical like these DOHC cars are? Since I have always like rare cars that are hard to find and no body else have them, My GS looks like my true good option. I guess if someone knowledgeble of what a jewel I have would offer me a serious amount, I would definately consider it, thats why I am asking openly what could be a good price for my car....I am just scaning!!!
    Last edited by dmdvzla; 07-19-2008 at 11:06 AM

Very clean G! I envy those cars from down south where the weather helps keep them looking as nice as this G.

Hahaha too bad he moved up here with me now in MA. I'm his brother by the way. I haven't been on here in ages.

Man that GS is mint. There's a guy that works at a company next to my job with a white GS just like yours. He debadged it, but the hood and brakes gave him away :) . I stare at it even when I'm driving my Cobalt.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

i see this old lady drving the dark green one everyday on my way to school. i want to see if she would sell it

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

well bro i decided to keep it cause its a real economical car and the problems i have with it are just stupid ones that just need to get one day and fix them myself.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    i see this old lady drving the dark green one everyday on my way to school. i want to see if she would sell it
    That's nice, but maybe if is an old lady she probably has a GS automatic, which is very rare.....that was an option in the GS but not many people went with that option since most of the buyers that got the GS instead an S,ES or LS were performance oriented.
    Last edited by dmdvzla; 07-19-2008 at 10:23 AM

shit i would give it all my 5 speed goodies from the DE

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303 View Post
    Man that GS is mint. There's a guy that works at a company next to my job with a white GS just like yours. He debadged it, but the hood and brakes gave him away :) . I stare at it even when I'm driving my Cobalt.
    All 94 models had the hood bump, but if it has rear disc brakes....ITS A GS!!!...........even though I think that after mitsubishi dropped the GS model, in 95 the LS model started to come with 4 disc brakes
    Last edited by dmdvzla; 07-19-2008 at 10:22 AM Reason: misprint

I can tell you now that the JDM Galant models came with digital A/C across the whole lineup. There is no analog (or turn knobs, should we say) parts available in the JDM CAPS catalog.

Either this regular digital ACC (two versions)

or this one with the Satellite Navigation package
    Last edited by hk20000; 07-19-2008 at 10:36 AM

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    I can tell you now that the JDM Galant models came with digital A/C across the whole lineup. There is no analog (or turn knobs, should we say) parts available in the JDM CAPS catalog.

Either this regular digital ACC (two versions)

or this one with the Satellite Navigation package
    NICE PICTURES!!! do you know if there is a way to adapt the digital one on to a car that came with manual A/C??

not sure about that..... are the turn knobs electric switches or are they actually connected to cables?

because if you want the system to work with the digital switches the minimum requirement is that the vents must be powered by actuators and motors to switch between modes...

if the USDM galant is operated by pushing and pulling cables manually.....then it'll be really hard work to make it work.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The vent doors are most likely controlled by electric motors which are wired to the digital HVAC controls. You would have to replace the cables and manual vent doors and replace with all the electrical ones and hopefully the HVAC harness is seperate from the instrument harness. Either or..its seems to be alot of work for digital HVAC controls.

I didn't know JDM 7g's had navigation! That would be nice to have!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I think the A/C controls are totally manual, I mean they are not connected to electric switches but they move with wires in the back
    Last edited by dmdvzla; 05-30-2009 at 11:26 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast