The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Supra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

The Supra

1987 Supra with full 1990 front and rear end conversion, has been completely repainted blue metalic, body is pretty much done, working on finishing interior and getting the swap done, will post pictures of the swap once it's done, here are some pics from the rest of the project

OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    very nice i'm not too familiar with supra's except that the newer ones make alot of hp and there rare lol how does the older do in that department?

The stock USDM engine made 200 NA or 230 Turbo, we are swapping in a JDM 1JZ engine that is stock 270, but it will be built up before its put in, still waiting on parts for the swap, as well as the engine, have a 6 speed out of a newer supra sitting in the garage. Can't wait to finish it!

Anyone else have a supra on this site?

TGC Regular
    Yeah there were other members who used to own Supra(s). I am not sure if they still currently own a Supra though.
    Isn't there a 2jz engine? What made you choose the 1jz? If I may ask.
    Also the pictures are quite small... but from what I can see, the exterior looks good.
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Sorry about the pictures size, my comp automatically resizes when I upload a lot of pics, the engine I'm going with is actually what is called a 1.5JZ, 1JZ block with 2JZ head, cuz the 2JZ head has better flow, but the 1JZ block is more plentiful and cheaper, and the internals are quite stout in stock form. I will post pics once it is done.

1jz is fine, its a strong motor. what was in there before? 5m or a 7m-gte? Those motor take boost well. just shave weight on that car cuz its really heavy. good stuff.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    thats pretty nice

It had the original 7MGTE from 87 with only 125,000 original miles, cuz before I got it it was in my old neighbor lady's drive way. It was her late husbands car and it had been sitting for about 6 years before I got it cuz it was leaking oil and other minor problems. We towed it over to my house, changed the oil, fresh battery and fluids, and drove it to my uncles shop, replaced most of the seals, and it was good to go. I just wanted more potential, and there is more after market support for the JZ engines then the 7M's. It's gonna be street driven, so I dunno what weight I wanna ditch, and it has a pretty roomy back seat for a two door cuz it's so long, we shall see about the weight saving. Maybe when I'm done with this I'll build up my daily driver galant the same way, time will tell:)

TGC Regular
    Very nice,

We have heaps of that shape supra over here with the 1.5JZ conversion done to them. The main reason they do it here is because the block is stronger in the 1JZ and has the potential for a hell of a lot more power :D

Though be warned, they like to step out the back end very, very easily. Even experienced Supra drivers have been caught out on occasion.

Goos luck, the car is looking great
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

yeah, they are fun cars, don't see a whole lot of them on the roads here, don't know why, my uncles old one would break the wheels loose in 3rd gear on the freeway if you floored it. Hopefully I can get mine to that level as well.

I miss my Poopra :(

Yeah, I miss mine right now, and I still own it, I can't wait to drive it.

she is sold :(

My dumbass friend seems to be hellbent on getting the newer model supra's even though he can barely afford to pay his ES Lancer off. His mommy pays his insurance, yet he is positive he will buy a Supra. What an idiot. He pisses me off sometimes. Just because he works at a Toyota as an oil changer...

lol, tell him to get one of these instead!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved this car to death, but at this point in my life I can't afford to pay insurance on two vehicles and go to school full time and work, it's gone but never forgotten

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    can u make the pics a bit smaller.. there too large when i hold my magnifying glass to the screen lol.. jk.. lookin good.. keep it carbonless tho!

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    ack! sorry i didnt read she was sold.. sorry

Bump from the dead, I may be picking another one up here pretty soon :) :) :) :) :)

my dad has a 87 supra turbo(stock) he currently builiding it up from the dead. he more of an oem guy so he going to keep it original.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast