The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: viper 791xv trunk release

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    TGC Regular

viper 791xv trunk release

the trunk release for my viper 791xv stopped working. Althought every couple weeks it would dcide to work. What could be causing it to not work. When I press the release button the remote usually gives an audible alert. Yesterday it worked once... The last time b4 that's was like 2 months. What could I possibly check as to why it is intermitant

Probably the relay is sticking or the solenoid is sticking. I would trace back to the relay and plug a new one that happened to mine and thats what I did and it worked.

TGC Regular
    Where would the relay be located most likely? I know everybodies is different. By the trunk or by the front of the car?

TGC Regular
    Ok so i took pictures of my trunk lock and the cable that goes to it. It looks like the cable goes from the maul lever by the drivers seat to the trunk lock. Newway here are the pics.

What is this black box covering the lock? Is the the trunk receiver for the Viper alarm? IS the stock, does it come with the G'S?

the trunk reciever for the viper alarm is in the main box for the viper alarm.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

you may not be getting any voltage somewhere.

TGC Regular
    where should I check for voltage

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    it doesent have anything to do with the cable.. ur car comes with electronic trunk pop from facroty.. thech the chan output wires form the remote start n follow it to the relay check the relay n go form there

test

test the wire that sends the signal to the relay and see if you are getting a signal from the alarm. If you get a signal when pushing the button on the wire from the alarm then your problem is not with the alarm itself. Find out where the signal stops from the remote to the trunk solenoid. Who installed it and if you did it find the installation manuals to find out what wires to test.
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

We have auto trunk pops in our cars? What year models? I am dying to get one! I am sick of the manual trunk lever. I want it to be gone!!

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    i kno my 02 does

02-03 have them stock. 99-01 don't have them stock.
    James I have a trunk popper in my 01, that I got installed before I got the 791xv alarm.
    I know the solenoid for mine is located right there, by the latch.
    I am not sure where it would be on your car though, if you had it added like I did you would definitely see it. It's a metal barrel like piece.
    mine looks like this
    and the reason it is located where it is, is cause it needs to be able to pull the cable right by the latch
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone View Post
    02-03 have them stock. 99-01 don't have them stock.
    James I have a trunk popper in my 01, that I got installed before I got the 791xv alarm.
    I know the solenoid for mine is located right there, by the latch.
    I am not sure where it would be on your car though, if you had it added like I did you would definitely see it. It's a metal barrel like piece.
    mine looks like this
    and the reason it is located where it is, is cause it needs to be able to pull the cable right by the latch
    Jay,
    I definitely do not see the trunk solenoid. I have an 02 that comes stock with a trunk popper. I am wondering if that had to install the solenoid. Other that that I have no clue where else it could be.

im pretty sure that black box is the factory solenoid. my 00 latch looks like that but doesn't have the black box.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.