The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Abnormal Tire Wear

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Abnormal Tire Wear

I just noticed my back two tires have considerable more wear than the front two tires. I haven 't rotated them for about 15,000 miles. The car is very unstable in snow...the back end wants to wander around, I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. Any suggestions on whats wrong?
    Billy

get your tires alligned

Jupp ^^
    After i dropped my G to the asphalt i forgot about it :rol:

When the rear tires are more worn than the front it will have a tendency to wander. Thats simply because the rear tires now have less traction, and fail to control the rear end, or in other words keep it in line with the front end. I'd suggest at the minimum replacing the rear tires than rotating. Though you may just want to consider all four new tires, typically best to have a matched set all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    When the rear tires are more worn than the front it will have a tendency to wander. Thats simply because the rear tires now have less traction, and fail to control the rear end, or in other words keep it in line with the front end. I'd suggest at the minimum replacing the rear tires than rotating. Though you may just want to consider all four new tires, typically best to have a matched set all the way around.
    Good idea but I would still like to solve the problem. The back end has always wandered, even when all four tires were brand new. Something isn't right when the rear tires wear excessively more than the front. Suspension maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
    Something isn't right when the rear tires wear excessively more than the front. Suspension maybe?
    the first person to reply to your thread told you the first step in diagnosing your problem. get an alignment.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.