The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake lights not working..

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Brake lights not working..

I searched around but couldn't find an answer to my question. My brake lights just randomly stopped working last night as I found out from the nice police office. None of them work but all the bulbs are good the fuse is good, but the thing is that when the car is off they will work but when its on or the accessories are on they wont work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also a bit of Audio problem but not really my subs are making my rear view mirror shake and its making an annoying rattling noise any ideas how to sturdy it up a little so it wont make any noise?

its prob your wiring harness
    i had the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

yea, if you cant figure it out, go to a shop, you shouldnt ride with that problem.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Ground issues. Mitsubishi have very touchy electrical systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn55 View Post
    I searched around but couldn't find an answer to my question. My brake lights just randomly stopped working last night as I found out from the nice police office. None of them work but all the bulbs are good the fuse is good, but the thing is that when the car is off they will work but when its on or the accessories are on they wont work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also a bit of Audio problem but not really my subs are making my rear view mirror shake and its making an annoying rattling noise any ideas how to sturdy it up a little so it wont make any noise?
    Do you have anything other than stock bulbs in there that might have caused damage withing the harness? If all the lights are out, how do you know the bulbs are good? Are you sure you checked the brake light fuse and not the taillight fuse? Best bet is to start checking with a multimeter until you find the problem. The brake light harness is one of the most protected in the car, as it all runs inside, so it's unlikely to get damaged on its own.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I got it working for a little bit again but it went bye bye. I have a crack in my left brake light so some moisture corroded the contact on the bulbs im going to have to check each of them. When I cleaned it on the braking light it was working for a little. Now my left turn signal is acting like a the bulb is out but both are fine.

yup thats the wiring harness
    if you need one i can pick one up for u pm me if needed
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    did u check the button right above the brake pettle i had that problem check it realined it and i was done
    03 I4

Yea the button will move fine. What do you mean the wiring harness because both the tails aren't working and the top one to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    yup thats the wiring harness
    if you need one i can pick one up for u pm me if needed
    How can it possibly be the wiring harness if he said the contacts on the bulb got corroded, he cleaned them and then it worked. Please explain to me how that's a harness problem. Possibly a socket problem but a bad socket doesn't mean you have to replace the entire taillight harness.
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

cuz i had the same problem all corroded and worked times to times
    i just replaced the wiring harness and it was all good

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn55 View Post

the problem isn't the rear view mirror its the subwoofers. Subwoofers will cause everything to loosen up and rattle. Eventually this will affect your door locks and probably the window roller mechanism. Then the AC vents will rattle. After about 6 months your entire car will sound absolutely horrible and you will get strange looks, pointing and laughter. Enjoy!
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

Quote Originally Posted by galantryinbattle View Post
    the problem isn't the rear view mirror its the subwoofers. Subwoofers will cause everything to loosen up and rattle. Eventually this will affect your door locks and probably the window roller mechanism. Then the AC vents will rattle. After about 6 months your entire car will sound absolutely horrible and you will get strange looks, pointing and laughter. Enjoy!
    Anti Sub woofer in this post, anti-Mexican in another. Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning??
    Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    How can it possibly be the wiring harness if he said the contacts on the bulb got corroded, he cleaned them and then it worked. Please explain to me how that's a harness problem. Possibly a socket problem but a bad socket doesn't mean you have to replace the entire taillight harness.
    i'll agree with you there. if i was in that situation, i'd probably clean off the contacts on the socket, make sure they are getting good contact with the bulb, and put some bulb grease in the sockets to help prevent the moisture from corroding the contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by galantryinbattle View Post
    im sorry. my car didn't get the memo. according to you my car should have sounded horrible years ago.

that statement makes as much sense as saying that you should drive your car because driving your car causes you to use gas and in a couple hours you will run out of gas and you will be mad at yourself because u need to put more gas in. instead you should just leave the car parked forever to conserve fuel.

to the OP. if you can hear things rattling, you should try to find the source. it might be something that just needs to be tightened. you might also want to look into some sound deadening material to help with this.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Well the lights are fixed it probable was the bad contacts because I did a much better job this time and it works fine now. But with the rattling im talking about the vibrating along with the bass but I have no idea how to make it a little more sturdy so it can handle the vibrations.