The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alty Whine noise

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    TGC Regular

Alty Whine noise

Ok So i got my timing belt replaced a little OVER a year ago. Ever since i got it replaced my alty SQUEALS like a mother ALMOST every time i star the car. Honestly, at this point I am getting really f'ed up with it!! I have tightened the alty belt a couple of times and the squeals goes away for a little bit but it keeps coming back. I cant tighten my alty belt any more, its is at its max.

At this point what are my options? When i did the timing belt I replaced all my other belts so the alty belt is just a yaer old. Could it be my alty? But how? It literally started as soon as I got my timing belt replaced.

nah bro, you just need to tighten it.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    nah bro, you just need to tighten it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekz185 View Post
    I cant tighten my alty belt any more, its is at its max.
    doesn't look like he can do that goosey

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Alternator belt and timing belt are two different belts dude. Just because you replaced you timing belt a year ago, doesn't mean they replaced the belt also. You can try some belt dressing, you spray it on it. Try to get it little tighter or just buy a new one, they are not very expensive and easy to replace.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Alternator belt and timing belt are two different belts dude. Just because you replaced you timing belt a year ago, doesn't mean they replaced the belt also. You can try some belt dressing, you spray it on it. Try to get it little tighter or just buy a new one, they are not very expensive and easy to replace.
    When I replaced my timing belt, i repleaced the alty belt, and serpentine belt. And it only started happening as soon sa i changed everything. Im prolly just going to buy a new belt.

now let me ask you something when you tightened it did you just turn one long bolt or did you first loosen the side bolt? I had this issue for years and never knew about the side bolt.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

I had the same problem after getting a new alternator belt. I bought a new battery and the alternator checked out okay, but the belt still squealed.
    Took it to a different mechanic, he looked at it for five seconds, tightened the belt a little bit more and the squealing went away.

Now six months later it's starting to squeal again, so I guess I'll have to go get it re-tightened.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    now let me ask you something when you tightened it did you just turn one long bolt or did you first loosen the side bolt? I had this issue for years and never knew about the side bolt.
    side bolt? Never saw that bolt... Where is it?