The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Removing Cat Converter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    o0 XeRO G 0o
    well, if it's not gonna affect the power that much, it's not gonna be worth it, so i'll keep mine on. thanks for all the help and sugestions. i've learned a lot from this topic

Experienced TGC Member
    Nope I wouldnt called it a performance mod unless you have a turbo.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

IllestGalant
    I know somebody who ran straight pipes for their exhaust and
    cut a cat in half and welded it to the outside of the pipe. You would never know it wasn't hooked up it looked so good. That is of course unless you have emissions test to pass. :cry:

hey are test pipes suppose to be welded fully, kuz mine came with a not not to weld it... will i get more hp if i weld it?? and also i heard my car will be alot louder too if i weld it... hmmm
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Experienced TGC Member
    I dont fully weld my test pipes, gets some moisture out of the damn pipes so they dont rust to death. You probably have one of my test pipes friends and I used to sell them of on ebay I have fully welded a few for people, and installed one in my car, you feel no difference except that it is a tad quiter not louder.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I know somebody who ran straight pipes for their exhaust and Â*
    cut a cat in half and welded it to the outside of the pipe. You would never know it wasn't hooked up it looked so good. That is of course unless you have emissions test to pass. </div>

You mean hooked up to the end of the pipe? Why would you do that? Why would you even cut it in half at all to install it anywhere on the system, cutting it in halfwould make it useless anyway, like you said you wouldnt pass sniffer test so why bother doing that work.

I have wanted to heheh run straight pipes out the side of the galant like an old drag race firebirds...lol a galant would look cool withe tip of exhaust pipes just making it out the side, people would have to watch steping into the rear seats while its idling when their wearing fancy clothing
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

ohhh okay thanks
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Galant Ryder
    im not planning on taking my CATS out because i see no point to.. but i have a question....are there any advantages to install the CAT from RPW?? i know its a performance CAT so what does it actually do aside from the stock CATS??

Experienced TGC Member
    Lets the air flow through easier. There is no advantage or disadvantage to removing your cat, ignoring pollution crap. Dont gut your cat and keep the empty shell there thats bad for your exhuast stream you lose your flow like that.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12